INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG!? gizmo tries to contact with mc17 through all of my pc virtual machine ip  (Read 1743 times)

8lior8707

• Recent member

in order to contact  mc17-server  my gizmo need only to possible ip-addresses :
1 ip for wifi
2 ip for internet

mc17 store in its access table every ip address that exist on my PC (i have 4 or 6 ).
therefore  gizmo on my glxy s2 tries to contact with every ip that exist on my PC, instead of take only one that is valid.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

in order to contact  mc17-server  my gizmo need only to possible ip-addresses :
1 ip for wifi
2 ip for internet

mc17 store in its access table every ip address that exist on my PC (i have 4 or 6 ).
therefore  gizmo on my glxy s2 tries to contact with every ip that exist on my PC, instead of take only one that is valid.

There isn't a way to automatically know which interface is valid each time you use gizmo since it depends on how you are reaching MC. Therefore it tries all of the addresses using the first one that works.

8lior8707

• Recent member

i understand this. but why it shoud pass to the internet ip table  all  of the virtul ip interfaces that i use for my  virtual machines ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

i understand this. but why it should pass to the internet ip table  all  of the virtual ip interfaces that i use for my  virtual machines ?
I've noticed that virtualbox on the PC creates separate interfaces when in bridged mode (I've not tried it in NAT mode). I'm not sure there's any way around this..
Pages: [1]   Go Up