INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI - Event Style and this..  (Read 3871 times)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
WASAPI - Event Style and this..
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:02:02 pm »

http://www.exadevices.com/exaU2I/Features.aspx    Have any one used this and got this to work with WASPI - Event Style??  Looks like it works with ASIO.  I building a Buffalo III DAC and would like to add this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WASPI - Event Style and this..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »

Is that the board that powers the e18?

With the e18, ASIO is best.  I don't think there's even a WDM driver.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:20:43 pm »

Is that the board that powers the e18?

With the e18, ASIO is best.  I don't think there's even a WDM driver.

No I don't think so, but I could be wrong.  It's a DIY USB to I2S board.  I want it to work with WASPI.  But I guess I can go with ASIO.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:23:55 pm »

I sent George Klissarov (owner of exaSound) an email pointing him to this thread.  Hopefully he'll be able to help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:01 pm »

I sent George Klissarov (owner of exaSound) an email pointing him to this thread.  Hopefully he'll be able to help.

Way to go Matt..  Maybe they can design a WASPI driver.

exa065

• Recent member
Re: WASAPI - Event Style and this..
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49:09 pm »

http://www.exadevices.com/exaU2I/Features.aspx    Have any one used this and got this to work with WASPI - Event Style??  Looks like it works with ASIO.  I building a Buffalo III DAC and would like to add this.

exaU2I works best with ASIO.  As you know, exaU2I supports sampling rates up to 384 kHz at 32bit resolution. It is very hard, or impossible to achieve this level of performance with native Windows drivers.  ASIO provides many benefits for audiophiles - it is bit-perfect by design, it supports asynchronous operation and automatic sampling rate switching. Our ASIO drivers are independent  from the Windows sound system, and sound quality is not affected by implicit resembling, by the Windows volume control and mixer.

It is possible to use exaU2I with a third-party WDM driver that supports WASAPI - Virtual Audio Cable. Unfortunately the sound quality is not the same, the maximum sampling rate is 192 kHz at 24bit resolution.  You can find out more about exaU2I / VAC configuration on our website - http://www.exadevices.com/Blog/tabid/253/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/25/categoryId/3/exaU2I-DB--Installation-and-Configuration-of-Native-Windows-and-ASIO-Drivers.aspx.

Regards,

George

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 08:02:13 pm »

exaU2I works best with ASIO.  As you know, exaU2I supports sampling rates up to 384 kHz at 32bit resolution. It is very hard, or impossible to achieve this level of performance with native Windows drivers.  ASIO provides many benefits for audiophiles - it is bit-perfect by design, it supports asynchronous operation and automatic sampling rate switching. Our ASIO drivers are independent  from the Windows sound system, and sound quality is not affected by implicit resembling, by the Windows volume control and mixer.

It is possible to use exaU2I with a third-party WDM driver that supports WASAPI - Virtual Audio Cable. Unfortunately the sound quality is not the same, the maximum sampling rate is 192 kHz at 24bit resolution.  You can find out more about exaU2I / VAC configuration on our website - http://www.exadevices.com/Blog/tabid/253/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/25/categoryId/3/exaU2I-DB--Installation-and-Configuration-of-Native-Windows-and-ASIO-Drivers.aspx.

Regards,

George

Thanks George.

I know you've used this with Foobar a lot.  However, have you ever tested it / used it for any length of time with MC using your ASIO driver?  I read somewhere you designed the driver especially for Foobar.   Just curious how it sounds in JR.  I'm in the process now of getting my Buffalo DAC and this will be my USB input - thanks to a fellow HeadFi'er for directing me to your page.  Just would like to know if JR can get some love?

exa065

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:35 pm »

No this is not the case.  Why would we limit a standard driver to one player?  exaU2I and the e18 DAC work fine with all players that support 32bit ASIO drivers. We work closely with the people from J River to make sure that our devices provide the best user experience and sound quality.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:06:10 am »

No this is not the case.  Why would we limit a standard driver to one player?  exaU2I and the e18 DAC work fine with all players that support 32bit ASIO drivers. We work closely with the people from J River to make sure that our devices provide the best user experience and sound quality.

That's good to know.  So when using the exaU2I can I use the native ASIO drive found in JR or do I have to download yours - or are they one in the same?

exa065

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

You have to install the exaSound driver, and to configure J River to use it. 

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 09:34:43 am »

You have to install the exaSound driver, and to configure J River to use it. 

exa065,

I'm currently getting a Buffalo III DAC built.  My builder is trying to figure out the best way to mount the board to the back panel of the enclosure.  Do you have any ideas?

exa065

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 09:45:34 am »

I've just replied to your question on DIYAudio. Let's use one forum for exaU2I support.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 09:51:50 am »

I've just replied to your question on DIYAudio. Let's use one forum for exaU2I support.

Will Do..
Pages: [1]   Go Up