INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.160 -- Available Here  (Read 8375 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.160 -- Available Here
« on: May 25, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170160.exe

17.0.160 (5/24/2012)

1. Changed: Tuned the default Theater View views to use the list styles added to v17.
2. Changed: Increased the default Theater View size to 125%.
3. Changed: The order of 'Watch' vs 'Watch All' for Theater View TV Show playback is determined based on the last used item.
4. Changed: Tuned how Kernel Streaming opens devices to work better with Rigisystems based devices on Windows XP.

17.0.159 (5/23/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View backdrops could cause exiting Theater View to be slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Theater View play roller selections were not saving nicely (now saved per media type / media sub type of the file).
3. Changed: Cleaned up the Theater View file roller menu for TV shows recorded outside Media Center to work more like the menu used for JTV.
4. Changed: Removed ... endings from Theater View roller text.
5. Fixed: Cinergy 2400i and Nova-DT DVB-T tuners failed to scan channels.

17.0.158 (5/21/2012)

1. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .50.5.  Several bug fixes since .50.2.
2. Changed: Increased maximum CD ripping simultaneous encode processes from 4 to 8.
3. NEW: Added subtitle mode 'Always show subtitles'.
4. Changed: Television time-shifting reader filter does audio seeking and video seeking separately instead of doing them in one shot.

17.0.157 (5/18/2012)

1. Changed: Disabled skinning of ASIO driver control panels.
2. Changed: Tuned ASIO call ordering for DSD bitstreaming to (hopefully) support more hardware.  Feedback appreciated.
3. Changed: Audio playback loads and unloads output plugins from the same thread to prevent issues with drivers that didn't like different creation and destruction threads.
4. Changed: A SACD with multiple areas will list tracks from both areas on import / play.
5. NEW: Added 'DSD Mode' to ASIO settings.  To bitstream DSD with a Playback Designs unit, select 'Playback Designs' as the mode (may be necessary with other devices as well).
6. Changed: Turning the volume up or down using the mouse wheel, remote control, etc. rounds the volume to the nearest percent so that Internal Volume decibel displays stay at 0.5dB increments.
7. Changed: FLAC tagging writes the album artist to both 'ALBUM ARTIST' and 'ALBUMARTIST' instead on only writing to one ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72211 ).
8. Changed: Removed the discontinued Comedy Central Jokes from Theater View News.
9. NEW: Added SACD support for DST compressed tracks.
10. NEW: Added SACD support for multi-channel tracks.
11. Fixed: Occasionally video could be displayed in a small window in upper left corner when starting up a television program.
12. Fixed: Video minimized to Action Window (in standard view) or hidden (in Theater view) when switching channel while watching a television show that was being recorded.

Internal testing build

17.0.155 (5/16/2012)

1. Changed: Improved estimation of audio video bit rates to prevent huge number of small chunk files in television time-shifting folder.
2. Fixed: Things that saved files to the desktop (new logging dialog, ringtone creation, etc.) could fail under UAC because they used the shared desktop folder instead of the user's desktop folder.
3. Changed: When holding the shift key while switching images (to preserve zoom and scroll), the scroll position will adjust better when the new image is a different size or aspect ratio.
4. Changed: Carnac understands 4 digit year values as season values.
5. Fixed: When searching for cover art for optical discs in [Cover Art]\Videos\[Name].jpg, invalid characters weren't being replaced with underscores, causing cover art to not be found.
6. Changed: Manually running 'Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' will replace existing images if a different image is found instead of skipping files that already have an image.
7. Changed: Tuning to updated Logging dialog.
8. Fixed: The program was not catching the resume from standby notification in some cases, causing Library Server clients to not get new files right away, etc.
9. NEW: Added the ability to open the ASIO driver's control panel from Options > Audio > ASIO > Output mode settings...
10. Changed: Revised the layout of the ASIO configuration dialog.
11. Fixed: Files with Replay Gain but no Peak Level could cause automatic adjustment to Replay Gain levels to be much too loud.
12. Changed: Tuned how clips of pure silence are handled so that their Peak Level will show as 0% instead of empty.

17.0.154 (5/15/2012)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: DSD bitstreaming using ASIO presents sample rates in two ways, making the feature work with more hardware (feedback appreciated).
3. NEW: If the program crashes, a debug dump is created.
4. Changed: Reworked the Logging dialog to hopefully make getting a log easier and to make it so the logs provided to JRiver are more useful (contain new debug dumps, system info, etc.).
5. Fixed: Canceling and restarting an ISO burn could fail because internal burn queue was not cleared.
6. Changed: Internal plumbing changes in the CD/DVD burning engine.

17.0.153 (5/15/2012)

Internal testing build

17.0.152 (5/14/2012)

1. Fixed: Usage of the GetProcessHandleCount(...) function was causing installs to fail on Windows 2000.
2. Fixed: Installation on a Windows 2000 machine would show an error trying to install DirectX components (DirectX / 3d accelerated views are not supported on Windows 2000).
3. Fixed: Camera import did not show a progress bar in some cases.
4. Changed: When moving a data file with a sidecar image, the sidecar image will move along with the data file.
5. Fixed: Guide entries for deleted channels could incorrectly appear and overlap valid entries in the Theater View EPG.
6. Changed: Subtitle timing changed so that positive numbers make subtitles show later instead of earlier.
7. Fixed: Possible expression evaluation bug that could use incorrect integer stack value usage with nested expressions.
8. Fixed: DLNA. Remove fields from the Metadata that shouldn't have been there. Was preventing Popcorn Hour 300 from seeing content directory entries. Could have affected other renderers.
9. Fixed: UPnP. Non-DLNA servers weren't reporting the L16 mime info properly.
10. Fixed: UPnP. Non-DLNA servers weren't providing consistent mimetype mappings for video.
11. Changed: DLNA and UPnP. Mimetype mapping for flac files changed from audio/flac to audio/x-flac. While proper, this might cause trouble with some renderers. Need feedback.
12. Fixed: WMC (Xbox 360) wasn't working properly with the new default view schemes. Now will work with new and old view schemes. Note: to see Album, Artist and Genre views on the Xbox 360 you need to have DLNA views with those names. If you change them for language purposes, you will lose those views on the Xbox 360.
13. NEW: Added basic support for playback of SACD ISO files (two channel only for now).

17.0.151 (5/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Television subscription recording made in Theater view did not have duration info when shown in "Recording Rules" view.
2. Fixed: Television program-based recording scheduled in Theater View did not have channel info when shown in "Recording Rules" view.
3. Fixed: Television recordings scheduled in Theater view did not observe user-configured default recording extension minutes (instead, 1 minute before and 1 minute after were used).
4. Changed: Broadcom Video Decoder added to whitelist in custom video mode.

17.0.150 (5/10/2012)

1. Changed: The default television recording extension minutes configuration is moved to television settings property page from schedule recording wizard.  The wizard will continue to allow you to modify the values for individual recordings.
2. NEW: Option to bookmark television recording at program start time, instead of the beginning of recording (useful when you schedule recording a few minutes early but do not want to have to skip through the extra minutes during playback).
3. Changed: DLNA. Modified the UpdateID so that a request of the SystemUpdateID doesn't reset the timer that's looking for database changes that require the ID to be updated. This should help some renderers that were using the SystemUpdateID call often to be more likely to notice changes in the database.

17.0.149 (5/9/2012)

1. Fixed: Moving the cover art folder to a child folder of itself could cause cover art to be lost instead of moved properly.
2. Changed: Hardware based video deinterlacing is now disabled in LAV video when EVR or madVR renderer is being used.

alspoll

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.160 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:06:09 pm »

3. NEW: Added subtitle mode 'Always show subtitle'

Whenever I select 'Always show subtitle' and click OK, the system always saves the option as 'Do not show subtitles'.

This is the only option that does not save correctly.

Anybody else having the same issue?

TIA

AL

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:05:30 pm »

audioriver

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »

Whenever I select 'Always show subtitle' and click OK, the system always saves the option as 'Do not show subtitles'. This is the only option that does not save correctly.

TIA

Confirmed, same problem here. Also, please consider assigning deinterlacing back to the LAV Filters, as mentioned by nevcairiel here. 1080i problems remain with the recent change.
Windows 10 Pro x64

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 08:40:34 pm »

There is a bug with Media Editor if the selection of a file you are editing is to small when you click play an error message is displayed "Error Filing Buffers 1..." This message goes away after I click the ok box some thirty times at which point media editor becomes unresponsive and I am forced to quite and start over.

Siladem

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »

Whenever I select 'Always show subtitle' and click OK, the system always saves the option as 'Do not show subtitles'.

This is the only option that does not save correctly.

TIA

AL

same here - even tried closing without hitting ok so it would ask to save changes. i said yes but it still flipped back. if you choose the other options, they'll save.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:04:28 am »

Confirmed, same problem here. Also, please consider assigning deinterlacing back to the LAV Filters, as mentioned by nevcairiel here. 1080i problems remain with the recent change.
+1
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 01:03:47 pm »

MC is often just very slow to do things, I assume related to finding/updating/something files stored on the network, which is connected via wifi.

I had a similar issue before, and I think you tracked it down to MC looking for some files that no longer exist.  We never determined why it was looking for those files, but after updating, or re-importing the library, or something, it got better.

now, it's really slow again.  I renamed a Movie file, 8GB, which caused it to move from one mapped drive to a different mapped drive, both on the same unRAID server.  MC became frozen for about 20 minutes or so, and even after it appeared the file had been fully copied to the new location, MC was still hung.  I finally killed it in task manager.  i tried restarting, but it hung for a while, so I killed it again, shut down the computer, started it, launched MC, and it took a couple of minutes to respond, and I grabbed the log file, which is attached.

thanks for any help.
pretend this is something funny

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 01:30:00 pm »

Shell Integration is not working in 17.0.160...  reverted back to 1.51.. working again.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 01:56:29 pm »

Reboot?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 04:39:36 pm »

Rebooting is no help... reinstalled 160... no shell integration.  Rebooted, still not working.  Reinstalled 151.  Shell Integration is working.

JoaoMOS

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 12:44:01 am »

I've sent you this Thread in JRiver Media Center 17.0.154 -- Available Here:

Since the last automatic update (17.0.147) I'm having problems runing some wmv files and all avi files.
Message in the screen: Something went wrong with playback

I've seen your reply. I've done as you said and tried with 154. Problem still persists
I tried this again, buto with 155. Problem still persists.
The same files run in "Windows Media Player".

I've been sent to deinterlacing
After some replies I was told I was in the wrong place.
I asked where should I be, then.
I'd got no answer and the problem persists after ugrading to 17.160

Avi files still donīt run.
Can somebody help me, please?

By the way.
How can I launch new threads?
I can't see any option for that in your boards.

audioriver

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 01:54:10 am »

By the way.
How can I launch new threads?
I can't see any option for that in your boards.

Go here, and on the right side of the side of the screen, you will find the "new topic" link.
Windows 10 Pro x64

pacwin

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »

Build 160. Tuned how Kernel Streaming opens devices to work better with Rigisystems based devices on Windows XP

Whatever happens in this change seems to have broken WASAPI-E. JRiver is not sample rate switching and doesnt seem to have exclusive control over the USBPAL driver.
Currently we are having to manually switch sample rates!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 07:39:28 pm »

Whatever happens in this change seems to have broken WASAPI-E. JRiver is not sample rate switching and doesnt seem to have exclusive control over the USBPAL driver.
Currently we are having to manually switch sample rates!

There have been no changes to WASAPI.

Sample rate support is up to the WDM driver.  You might ask your driver manufacturer to take a look.  We'd be happy to help (I'm matt at jriver dot com).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pacwin

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 02:28:33 am »

There have been no changes to WASAPI.

Sample rate support is up to the WDM driver.  You might ask your driver manufacturer to take a look.  We'd be happy to help (I'm matt at jriver dot com).

USBPAL is the Mytek 192 DSD DAC USB hardware interface. Rolling back to JRiver build 155 has cured it so I think the regression is with you. The USBPAL/Rigisystems crew were here a couple of months back.

While Im here I will update the state of play with this DAC. Right now the Mytek in DSD playback is only reliably working over USB with DOP. Firewire over DOP is unstable and generates hissing and spitting at initial track start (irrespective of low and high end firewire hardware on PC).  Native DSD and ASIO and JRiver dont seem to want to work together over USB (Firewire does not yet grok DSD) . PCM seems to work everywhere with this DAC, ASIO being the best. Mytek, unlike Weiss who use the same Firewire hardware, have not updated their WDM Firewire drivers to incorporate a number of important fixes.

Is their any chance of providing a PCM driver/mode choice and a separate DSD driver choice in all the Audio options setup? Can you move or add the DSD bitstreaming options into the audio setup where they sit more naturally? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up