INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.170 -- Available Here  (Read 4606 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.170 -- Available Here
« on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:30 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170170.exe

17.0.170 (6/8/2012)

1. Changed: When using the mixing mode 'Clone side channels to rear speakers', if there's a rear center it will be used for the clone (at half-power to each rear) instead of the surrounds.
2. Fixed: Parts of the program that used a wait message could take longer to finish than expected.
3. Changed: Thumbnail borders are rendered at draw time instead of loaded into the thumbnail at load time (allows for more consistent sizing and more flexible styles).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail bordering to use a smaller, more subtle shadowing.
5. Fixed: 6.1 to 7.1 upmixing was not working properly for the rear speakers in some cases.
6. Changed: Added more logging of handheld calls to debug a rare crash that can occur when loading a handheld.
7. Fixed: Using a fadeout on stop would not work properly when Volume Protection was enabled.
8. Changed: Fadeout on stop applies the volume using the internal audio engine instead of the volume slider, so it works nicely with any output device.
9. NEW: Added fadeout on pause feature (configurable in Options > Audio).
10. Fixed: Improved remote button handling during Netflix movie playback.

17.0.169 (6/7/2012)

1. Changed: Carnac better supports videos with naming like "Movie.Title.To.Parse.2012.Extra.Stuff.1080p.mkv".
2. Fixed: When scrolling down in Theater View, the last row of thumbnails would not always be shown when selecting the second to last row.
3. Fixed: When buffering, the player area in Standard View would not always redraw nicely to show progress.
4. Fixed: Several tweaks and improvements to the support of large sector SACD ISO files.
5. Fixed: You can't name a top-level view "Advanced" or it vanishes.
6. Changed: DLNA: removed playlist containers completely. Was causing problems with some Onkyo models. Introduced in 17.0.134.
7. Fixed: JRSS 5.1 to 7.1 upmixing could cause the stereo separation in the SL / SR channels to be distorted.
8. Fixed: JRSS upmixing of 6.1 to 7.1 clones the rear center to the rears instead of building a rear by looking also at the surrounds.
9. Fixed: CD audio playback would stop at the end of a track, rather than moving forward to the next track (since build 163).

17.0.168 (6/6/2012)

1. Changed: The "Waiting..." OSD message at the start of television playback is replaced with channel/program info.
2. Fixed: Playing a DVD movie over DLNA could result in the non-default audio language being used. For example "Green Lantern" played in Spanish.

17.0.167 (6/5/2012)

1. Changed: We now always use "api.netflix.com" rather than switching to "api.netflix.ca" for computers with Canada as the locale country. The .ca api isn't supported by Netflix and using .com may make it work for VPN users.
2. Fixed: MC did not handle television signal problem or device problem gracefully during start of scheduled recordings.
3. Changed: Internal threading change in TV recording.
4. Fixed: DVD Videos burned with Media Center would not play on some models of DVD players (like Samsung Blu-ray).

17.0.166 (6/4/2012)

1. Fixed: Pause buttons on remote not working reliably in Netflix.

17.0.165 (6/1/2012)

1. Fixed: Adding a new column to a list by right-clicking the header could sometimes cause the column to appear as the last column instead of at the right-click location.
2. Changed: Lossy M4A and AAC files will show a bitdepth of "16" (what the source probably was) in the library instead of "64" (what the decoder outputs).
3. Changed: During rapid key repeats, the Theater View selection bubble will move instantly to the destination instead of animating (when three or more moves occur in less than 300ms).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail drop shadow border.
5. Fixed: Incorrect information about the audio parameters of a video file were being sent via DLNA when a file was being sent unconverted. Might have caused audio stuttering and/or unplayable audio for videos on some renderers.
6. Fixed: Matroska containers were being sent in the content directory (and while being pushed) with the wrong mimetype and DLNA flags when not being converted. This will fix problems playing mkvs on devices that can play them natively (WDTV, etc).
7. Fixed: Pause button on remote not working during Netflix playback. Also sizing of image was wrong since Netflix changed the UI.

17.0.164 (5/30/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for SACD .iso files that use large sectors.
2. Changed: Revised the thumbnail drop shadow effect so that it looks better on dark backgrounds.
3. Fixed: When playing a video that required more bandwidth than was available (YouTube, Library Server client, etc.), playback was not nicely pausing to buffer.
4. Changed: Theater View thumbnail lists uses no empty space between thumbnail rectangles (previously a margin of about 5% the item size was used).
5. Changed: Theater View thumbnail lists use one size down for the text size.
6. Changed: Theater View thumbnail views always leave room for two lines of text so that images remain a consistent size.
7. Changed: Shrunk the selection's internal margins a bit in the default Obsidian Theater View skin.
8. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).

17.0.163 (5/29/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for DST compressed DFF files.
2. Fixed: Background podcast downloading could cause pop-up windows to appear asking whether files should be overwritten or renamed.
3. Fixed: From Performer Store, if an external web page was navigated to (e.g. Amazon), the back button did not return to the Performer store page.
4. Fixed: Clicking the "link" symbol to the left of an artist or album name for Performer store tracks, did not search the store but simply showed zero results.
5. Changed: Tuned the animation used for item movement in Theater View.  Movement takes about the same amount of time but has a smoother initial acceleration.
6. Changed: Internal work on burning engine (should be internal change, but testing appreciated).

17.0.162 (5/29/2012)

1. Fixed: DSD bitstreaming over ASIO was not working properly for the last few builds.
2. Changed: Removed 'DSD Mode' setting from ASIO configuration (now 'Playback Designs' mode is used automatically if a device named 'AKDesign USB ASIO' is used).
3. Changed: Slight revision to DSD bitstreaming with ASIO open call ordering (removed first sample rate setting call, as Playback Designs no longer requires it).

17.0.161 (5/25/2012)

1. Fixed: Was detecting playlist containers for DLNA improperly. Completely messed up some renderers (Onkyo). Introduced in 17.0.134.
2. Fixed: The subtitle mode 'Always show' was not saving properly.

17.0.160 (5/24/2012)

1. Changed: Tuned the default Theater View views to use the list styles added to v17.
2. Changed: Increased the default Theater View size to 125%.
3. Changed: The order of 'Watch' vs 'Watch All' for Theater View TV Show playback is determined based on the last used item.
4. Changed: Tuned how Kernel Streaming opens devices to work better with Rigisystems based devices on Windows XP.

17.0.159 (5/23/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View backdrops could cause exiting Theater View to be slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Theater View play roller selections were not saving nicely (now saved per media type / media sub type of the file).
3. Changed: Cleaned up the Theater View file roller menu for TV shows recorded outside Media Center to work more like the menu used for JTV.
4. Changed: Removed ... endings from Theater View roller text.
5. Fixed: Cinergy 2400i and Nova-DT DVB-T tuners failed to scan channels.

17.0.158 (5/21/2012)

1. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .50.5.  Several bug fixes since .50.2.
2. Changed: Increased maximum CD ripping simultaneous encode processes from 4 to 8.
3. NEW: Added subtitle mode 'Always show subtitles'.
4. Changed: Television time-shifting reader filter does audio seeking and video seeking separately instead of doing them in one shot.

17.0.157 (5/18/2012)

1. Changed: Disabled skinning of ASIO driver control panels.
2. Changed: Tuned ASIO call ordering for DSD bitstreaming to (hopefully) support more hardware.  Feedback appreciated.
3. Changed: Audio playback loads and unloads output plugins from the same thread to prevent issues with drivers that didn't like different creation and destruction threads.
4. Changed: A SACD with multiple areas will list tracks from both areas on import / play.
5. NEW: Added 'DSD Mode' to ASIO settings.  To bitstream DSD with a Playback Designs unit, select 'Playback Designs' as the mode (may be necessary with other devices as well).
6. Changed: Turning the volume up or down using the mouse wheel, remote control, etc. rounds the volume to the nearest percent so that Internal Volume decibel displays stay at 0.5dB increments.
7. Changed: FLAC tagging writes the album artist to both 'ALBUM ARTIST' and 'ALBUMARTIST' instead on only writing to one ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72211 ).
8. Changed: Removed the discontinued Comedy Central Jokes from Theater View News.
9. NEW: Added SACD support for DST compressed tracks.
10. NEW: Added SACD support for multi-channel tracks.
11. Fixed: Occasionally video could be displayed in a small window in upper left corner when starting up a television program.
12. Fixed: Video minimized to Action Window (in standard view) or hidden (in Theater view) when switching channel while watching a television show that was being recorded.

Trumpetguy

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.170 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:26:43 pm »

The change in JRSS 6.1 to 7.1 upmixing is good, thanks. Is the SPL for the two rears corrected for the doubling in membrane area?

EDIT: With "good" I meant "welcomed" :-) Not tested yet.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »

Still has problems getting DNLA to work with my Onkyo TX-NR609.

Just sits at connecting. I tried creating a custom server and it displays the cover art but just says cannot play. Tried changing to always convert to MP3 (all versions) to no avail.

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 03:06:58 pm »

Is the SPL for the two rears corrected for the doubling in membrane area?

Yes, assuming you're using JRSS.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:18 pm »

Yes, assuming you're using JRSS.

Always do, thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 03:38:45 pm »

Is there any chance you or anyone else has a contact at Onkyo?  It'd be really nice to be able to work with their developers like we've been able to do with so many audio companies.

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »

"Fixed: CD audio playback would stop at the end of a track, rather than moving forward to the next track (since build 163)."

Thank you!  I changed several settings trying to fix this.

Alec

audioriver

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:32 am »

I'm playing an MP3 file and in the audio path I see "Changes: Tempo & Pitch". Is this normal for an audio file? (Wasapi event style exclusive)
Windows 10 Pro x64

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 08:47:22 am »

I'm playing an MP3 file and in the audio path I see "Changes: Tempo & Pitch". Is this normal for an audio file? (Wasapi event style exclusive)

Only if you turned it on.

You can turn it off in DSP Studio.

VideoClock uses it during video playback, but it should always turn it off when it's done.

audioriver

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 08:54:13 am »

Only if you turned it on. You can turn it off in DSP Studio. VideoClock uses it during video playback, but it should always turn it off when it's done.

I've never turned VideoClock on manually, during playback. It is enabled in the Video options. It looks like it's not always auto-disabled for audio playback, I've seen this happening occasionally in older versions, too.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 09:44:30 am »

8. Changed: Fadeout on stop applies the volume using the internal audio engine instead of the volume slider, so it works nicely with any output device.
9. NEW: Added fadeout on pause feature (configurable in Options > Audio).

Many thanks, now fadeout on stop works fine even when volume is disabled. Nice touch the fadeout on pause.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 02:31:49 pm »

Just sits at connecting. I tried creating a custom server and it displays the cover art but just says cannot play. Tried changing to always convert to MP3 (all versions) to no avail.

John
Are you pushing to it from MC or pulling from the Onkyo?

audioriver

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 02:41:16 pm »

Thanks from me too for the fade-on-pause feature. Very smooth.  :)
Windows 10 Pro x64

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 02:04:26 am »

Again I'm asking polite if there will be an option to switch off the thumbnail borders.

Thanks.

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 08:07:33 am »

Again I'm asking polite if there will be an option to switch off the thumbnail borders.

Thanks.

+1

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 09:07:39 am »

I thought i maybe should report one bug i had through all versions of mc17. The problem is that MC crashes when i doubleclick on any flac file in the automatically made playlists "Imported This Month" and "Recently imported. The files work if I rightclick and choose add to playing now and then doubleclick on them.

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:28 am »

I have another problem; When I enable the JRSS ver 2.0 surround sound, my (non iso) multichannel SACD´s get different problems, for example the SR and SL comes out in RR and RL speakers, or SR and SL have very low output, everything is fine when turning off JRSS. Im using ASIO direct output with the channels rerouted through Parametric Equalizer 2. The reason i like to have JRSS enabled is because i want to reroute sounds lower then 50Hz to my subwoofer always, but now i must enable and disable the JRSS depending on if i play a multichannel SACD or stereo channel SACD.

And i still cant get more then stereo from my ISO SACD 5.1 files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up