INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Import Files into MC library?  (Read 1655 times)

MDCry

• Recent member
Unable to Import Files into MC library?
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:11 am »

I'm new to MC and I have MC17. Everything has been working fine until today. I tried importing a folder and it said 0 files imported. I didn't knowingly change any settings? I am using MC specifically as a media server to my home stereo. I have a Denon 3312 and everything is set up and playing beautifully. I have 130 + CD's on the computer and linked to the Denon on my home network. Something must have happened in the last few days that inhibited me from being able to import into the MC library. I am importing the same audio formats flac or wave and haven't had a problem up until today.

I am following the steps: tools, import, import single folder, selecting the folder.... 0 files imported? I am doing nothing different than in recent weeks.

Someone please help and thanks in advance,

Mark

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to Import Files into MC library?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:08 am »

After selecting the folder, are the settings in "Import these file types" correct?

If the answer is yes, it would suggest that either there are no audio files in the selected directory, or that those that are in there, are already imported.

Sounds silly, I know, and I do not mean to reply to you as if you are a fool, but if you could just check the three points above, and, if there are audio files in the selected folder, that are certainly not already imported and the settings are set so that MC checks the selected folder for audio files, then there is surely another problem that will need further investigation.

Good information would be perhaps the complete path of the selected folder and the file types you expect to be imported.

-marko.

rjm

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:51:09 am »

Or perhaps the "ignore files previously removed" option may be at play?

simbakuba

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »

I have all my data stored in a linux machine. MC is running on a win 7 machine with networked drives. So I am able to see all my data in windows explorer - in Windows Media Player I can also play the music stored in the linux machine.

In JR Media Center, I can see the linux machine drives under Explorer (Drives and Devices in the left pane). When I right click a drive or a folder within a drive, select "import into library", I immediately get the message 0 files imported. Yet, these files do not currently exist in my main library.

Is there a setting I need to tweak in MC or is this a provisioning/permissioning problem?

Appreciate the help. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »

simbakuba

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:22:53 pm »

When I attempt to import a folder into MC Main Library from a Samba server, I get the message "the directory could not be found. Please enter a valid directory that you have permission to access"

The Samba server folder has been networked to my win 7 machine where MC is installed. Using windows explorer, I can access and manipulate the files in the Samba server folder.

Please help. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up