INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compilations  (Read 1299 times)

cmb

• Recent member
compilations
« on: June 27, 2012, 06:28:57 am »

Hi all,
How do we get mc to show compilations albums as a whole rather than singular tracks .
Thanks in advance.
JRiver 20, modded Asus essence one, TOCA seca 20w,quad esl63

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: compilations
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:24:41 am »

If the compilation album has been tagged with the Album Name then go to Audio > Albums in the left pane of Standard View, you will see them listed in the right pane.  If they don't, go to Audio > Files and find one of the tracks in the right pane and check what is in Album.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:35:14 am »

You can use the field [Album Artist] to display "Various" or "Various Artists" or "Multiple Artist" (I use VA) on all you compilations.
Then the album can be shown by display of Album Artist / Artist in a View (actually this may be the default view for Audio by Artist)
. . . the game is rigged

cmb

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 08:20:48 am »

Thanks for the replies.
Only done a couple of compilations so far and the problem is they rip ok obviously,but when I look for the album each track is singular with it's own album art. I assume I need to remove the artists from the file path? Can this be done after the ripping or does it need altering beforehand.
Thanks Chris

NickF

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:46:34 am »

Hi Chris,

If you ripped these with MC17, it usually puts the album folder in a Windows folder called Various Artists so the artist name shouldn't be appearing in the file path in MC.  Did you check what was in the Album field for these tracks?  If they all have the same Album Name, they should display OK in Audio >Albums.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:02:39 am »

I assume I need to remove the artists from the file path?

Change the [Artist] or [Artist]/[Album] to read [Album Artist]/[Album] then all the tracks will be in the VARIOUS folder under the album name
Can this be done after the ripping or does it need altering beforehand.
Thanks Chris

It can be done using 'Rename Files from Properties" after you make sure the [Album Artist] is filled in.
Rename the files to directories: [Album Artist]\[Album] or whatever variant you desire.
. . . the game is rigged

cmb

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 11:47:06 am »

Thanks chaps, think I have sorted it .
Pages: [1]   Go Up