INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Total Media Theater 5 to play BDMV?  (Read 8859 times)

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
Using Total Media Theater 5 to play BDMV?
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:30 pm »

I am having trouble launching my Blu Rays BDMV files with TMT5. I went to Tools>Options>File Types>BluRay and selected  playback method External Program (custom) and choose the TMT5.exe. The program launches when I play my BluRay from JRiver, but the files do not play. Is there a setting to make BDMV files automatically play when TMT5 is launched?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using Total Media Theater 5 to play BDMV?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 11:24:01 pm »

quote from me
With TMT3 users could run it as an external program from MC. It worked because you can double click a file and have TMT3 open it.
TMT5 doesn't work this way. You can no longer double click a file to open it, so you can no longer run as external from MC anymore.
If you set MC to open iso's using TMT5, TMT5 will open but nothing will play, but once its open you can drag files from MC to TMT5 to play them.
This is arcsofts problem, i think they want people to use their program only. I emailed them a few times about this and they have no plans on changing it.
Fine for me because i don't use it anymore.

I think the easiest thing for 3d blurays would be to open TMT5 and drag your movie from MC into it.

i was talking about iso's but its the same for bdmv folders.
If you can't play a file in tmt by double clicking it then it won't work by sending to external.

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 01:00:24 am »

That's strange you say this because TMT5 does work with My Movies and Windows Media Center just fine. Why would it work with WMC and not JRiver? Can you recommend a way to get disc menus working with JRiver?

Jong

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:17:47 am »

It's something I have not tried yet. I have been a user of TMT for some years, as the best of a bad lot. But, after moving to MC, at the moment i am loving using MC with Red October HQ to play the movies in all MadVR's wonderful beauty and smoothness. TMT, whilst mostly OK has never been dependably smooth for me.

However, this is what I think is needed: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/topics/6682?page=1&response_type=5#first_response

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:56 am »

Absolutely correct : only way to get full menu support unfortunately. if and once MC has this covered as well (maybe in a pro version) we can get rid of PDVD's and TMT's of this world...

So to your initial question :

You need to point TMT5 to the containing folder and not to the bdmv folder or the index file in the folder. If you have this structure for example : my bd/movie test/disc1/bdmv you need to point to disc1. A way to do so is to :
1. select tools>options>library&folders>manage library fields
2. add new field (I named it TMTLauncher)
3. set the new field to calculated data and construct your structure line. Here you could enter expression  filevolume([filename])/FileFolder([Filename],2)/ ... (it will depend if you want to use relative paths or not - (display this new field in your library and check the result) remember you'll have to end up with the path to the folder holding your bdmv and certificate folders.
for expression building consult : http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language.  

4. once the result of your expression is OK return under file types (in the MC17 options menu)
5. select video bdmv
6. choose external player (custom) under playback method and point to the tmt5 player (you can also try to point to the uMCETMT player which opens fine and is better when using theaterview but you will freeze MC17/TMT5 when returning....so better use the normal TMT5
7. under arguments enter "[TMTLauncher]"   (thats the field you created under point 2)

That's it !!! works perfectly. Seems complicated but in reality it isn't. Just make sure you got the path naming right.

Jong

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:50 am »

I have used that myself. But it sounds like things could be even better if JRiver had direct support for TMT XML loading, as in that thread, though.

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

Tyvm for the quick response! I'll give this a shot when I have some free time:)

TorqW

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 09:40:21 am »

Very useful post, thank you. As you say, just occasionally you need full menu support.

However, is it possible to devise a method (in Theatre View) to select when you want TMT5 to play it, or (default) use MC?
Just trying to think how to do this with a remote control. My solution with a keyboard would be to right click and have TMT5 be one of the options - though I'm not sure this is possible.

thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up