INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when I enter theater mode screen goes black and I have to reboot  (Read 1471 times)

crisrambo13

Running 17.0.180 for some time now and I love it with one exception. I cant run theater mode without it locking up my system. I am running a home theater PC custom built connected via HDMI to my Onkyo HT-RC180 receiver which is connected to my 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV. I am running Windows 7 ultimate as my OS. Processor is an AMD FX 6100 I have 8MB of memory on an ASUS M5A99X EVO MB and an NVIDIA GFORCE GT 430 graphics card. I have tried everything I know to correct this issue and am completely stuck PLEASE HELP. I can get into theater view and select to play music or videos but after a minute or two the screen goes black I get no sound and have to do a complete shutdown and restart my PC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: when I enter theater mode screen goes black and I have to reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:59 am »

Welcome.  Switching to another view might make a difference, but it's the driver or HDMI.Try updating the driver.  It's not an MC problem.

If that doesn't work, try a better video card.

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:55 am »

I get this occasionally, too.  NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 with latest driver 8.17.13.142, Windows 7 Pro, 4GB memory, Media Center 17.0.180.0, direct feed to Panasonic TC-P55ST50 via HDMI.

crisrambo13

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 12:53:28 pm »

-I ruled out the HDMI by disconnecting and using a digital audio connection So its not the HDMI and I have tried several different drivers including beta drivers and it always does the same thing, All the other views work fine but I would really like to be able to use theater View.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:12:26 pm »

Try updating DirectX from Microsoft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up