INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two channel & 5.1  (Read 1113 times)

PatrickC

• Recent member
Two channel & 5.1
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:04:47 am »

I've added 2 Meridian speakers to my ht for hi res 2 ch. playback. They accept SP/DIF coax only as inputs. They work fine with other components. My HTPC with HDMI connected to my processor with MC17 works fine for 5.1. Connecting SP/DIF out from the HTPC to the Meridians doesn't. Besides fixing this with my current HTPC, is there something to consider when selecting components for my new HTPC in regards to the double speaker arrangement?
Patrick
Patrick
Assassin HTPC, Onkyo TX-NR929, Oppo BDP-83, Vortex Appliance NAS, Logitech SB Touch, GoldenEar Triton 7, GoldenEar SCX, 4 NHT Super Ones(Height & Surr.), Sunfire True Sub, WDTV Live Streaming, plus incomplete WHA.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Two channel & 5.1
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:32:02 am »

Try the tests from Windows Control Panel / Sounds.

S/PDIF will work for 2 channel playback, but only for DTS multichannel.  The tests should help.

PatrickC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:41 am »

If I download a 2 ch. 96/24 song from HD Tracks, it won't output from the S/PDIF connection?
Patrick
Patrick
Assassin HTPC, Onkyo TX-NR929, Oppo BDP-83, Vortex Appliance NAS, Logitech SB Touch, GoldenEar Triton 7, GoldenEar SCX, 4 NHT Super Ones(Height & Surr.), Sunfire True Sub, WDTV Live Streaming, plus incomplete WHA.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:27:51 am »

2 channel will work.  Will the receiver play 96 / 24?  You can use MC's DSP Studio/Output format to send it something it will play.

Did you try the control panel tests?
Pages: [1]   Go Up