INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo problem with empty albums and playlists [Solved]  (Read 10955 times)

sorepinky

Re: Gizmo problem with empty albums and playlists [Solved]
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 09:50:13 pm »

Running latest Gizmo on a Toshiba tablet to control MC (18.0.143) to play to the hifi via the USB.  When the tablet screen goes off (for battery saving) and I bring it back up, Gizmo sometimes needs to enter the MC access key again (usually when the screen has been off for a bit longer), but then on the Playing Now screen on the tablet there is no tracklist button (it was there before the screen went off).  Music still plays, but only 4 control buttons remain above the yellow progress bar.  No way to see the tracks.  Any ideas?  Any further info needed from me?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:11 am »

I don't know why it happens, but try pressing and holding the home icon in the upper left corner.  That will return you to Playing Now, if it still exists.

sorepinky

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2013, 04:14:21 pm »

Of course I tried that some time ago after searching the threads to find another user advised about the long hold feature of the Home button which gets you to the Now Playing screen.  If you just tap it, it gets you to Home where you can either tap Playing Now or long hold the Home button to see the Playing Now screen where the track list button is doing a hiding act.  Then the only way of seeing the track list is to search for the album again (or another album) and of course then selecting a track shows the track list button, but play is interrupted and you're not where you were.

It's a minor annoyance in an otherwise brilliant application, but with that bug fixed it would be perfect.  Incidentally last night my tablet upgraded itself from Honeycomb to Icecream Sandwich and that didn't help.

The issue seems to arise most often after a tablet sleep of some sort when the app. re-enters the access key.  After that you want to get to Playing Now to see where you're at.  Cover art shows and all seems fine - the yellow progress bar is doing its thing, but that all-important track list button to the left of the other 4 control buttons is nowhere to be seen.  It can happen at other times without this sequence too.  Turning the tablet off and rebooting gets the button back.

It is an intermittent problem - more readily reproduced when the tablet has been sleeping for a longer period - say 2  or 3 tracks.  Not easy to reproduce within the duration of a single short track.  In these short instances the tablet comes alive and there is no need to enter the access key again and the button is there.

I wonder if there is a workaround, router setting or something else...

sorepinky

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2013, 06:05:03 am »

Could this thread by changed from "Solved" so it gets some attention?

I am keen to get Gizmo to stop losing the track list button for audio playback during use and have found a half useful workaround, but I think there is a bug somewhere.

The half-useful workaround is to exit out of Gizmo before the tablet goes to sleep.  Then clicking the Gizmo icon after waking the tablet, the track list button seems to always be there.  It's not great because it's easy to forget to back out of Gizmo every time you look at it.

If the app needs to re-enter the access key (which seems to happen if it was left open before sleeping) then the track list button is never available after pressing Playing Now.

It seems to be a known issue that even when Android is configured so that the wi-fi connection is maintained during sleep, it is lost.  There are numerous apps (that don't work) alleging to keep the wifi awake.  Perhaps this is related.

When the tablet has power from a wall wart, there is no problem.

Anyway, surely there are thousands of people using Gizmo and I'm not the only one going nuts over this.

Cheers.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up