INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume decrease when watching video and fast forwarding  (Read 1407 times)

scm

• World Citizen
Volume decrease when watching video and fast forwarding
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:08:35 pm »

When I'm watching Hulu if I use the MC remote to fast forward or rewind, the volume level makes a huuuuge decrease.

scm

• World Citizen
Re: Volume decrease when watching video and fast forwarding
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:57 am »

Actually it's not just Hulu, it's any video that supports the rewind or fast forward fuction, for example DVD (Netflix does not support this so it isn't a problem).

When I say fast-forward and rewind, I don't mean skip to the next chapter, I mean when I scrub or scroll through at 5x or 20x or 50x, then go back to normal speed, the volume decreases so much that I have to turn my stereo system volume waaaaaaaaay up.

Then, when I play something else, because my stereo system volume is so unreasonably high, it deafens everyone in the room (if I don't remember to turn it down before switching of course!).  This is definitely a glitch, but only one that people with the remote, or some keyboard with a fast forward or rewind buttons.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:07:45 am »

has there been any resolution to this?  I'm running the demo, and also noticed this last night.  A simple stop and restart of the video fixes it, but that is a pain, and my wife will complain if she notices. 

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:41:03 am »

yep...she is complaining...is this fixed in v18? 

in v17, it doesn't happen every time, but it does happen.  Last night it was a pain because after fast forwarding through the previews on a DVD, we lost volume, and had to start the DVD from the beginning. 

mm0

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:46:24 am »

It might be due to a bug that's fixed in a coming build:
Fixed: If Internal volume was used, then the volume mode switched, in some cases the internal volume could be incorrectly applied during that run of the program.

As a workaround, switch to Internal volume and set it to 100%.  Then switch volume modes back to whatever you're using.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:48:40 am »

in my case, it was a fairly new install, and it has been on 'system volume' mode only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up