INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have gizmo connect to a domain?  (Read 1658 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Have gizmo connect to a domain?
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:38:08 am »

Is there i way to have gizmo connect to a domain instead of using the server access key?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Have gizmo connect to a domain?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:35:30 am »

The access key should work in that case.  If the server's IP address is changed, MC will re-register itself with our server so that it will work again.

icanrule

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Have gizmo connect to a domain?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:38:15 am »

The problem i have with the access key is when i jump from my home network to a public network i always get disconnected. Perhaps is there a way to only use the external IP address to connect instead of the internal one?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:14:24 am »

In Access Key will still work from any outside network.  The problem is probably that your firewall or your router isn't allowing it.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:23:56 am »

When I first open Gizmo it uses the access key to determine what my internal (192.168.x.x) IP address is.  If it can't connect to it then it tries to connect to the external IP address (207.x.x.x).  I don't want it to try and connect to the internal IP address.  I always want it to connect to the external IP address because it is available both inside and outside of my network. 

Currently when I am at home use gizmo it is connected to 192.x.x.x ip address.  Of course this means that when I leave home it can't connect to the that.  So Gizmo logs me out and tries to connect again both to internet and external IP and this time is able to connect to the external IP address.  I would only it to connect to the external IP address to avoid this disconnection even when connected to my internal router. 

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 03:52:08 am »

It's been asked for several times, to allow users to set the IP address manually. It's always been avoided.

I also have some clients that are never ever going to change it's server address. And the clients will never leave my home. I still have to see the "Connecting to 192.168.1.1" and so on, for several seconds before it finally finds my right IP address. It's just a waste of time. I'll admit that it's not the biggest problem, but I can't really see the problem in giving the users an advanced option of a static IP in the gizmo client.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up