INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sync multiple playlists?  (Read 995 times)

mikewillnot2

• Recent member
sync multiple playlists?
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:02:07 am »

I have MediaCenter 17 that I sync to a Samsung Galaxy IIs handheld, running Poweramp music player. 

I can sync files, by selecting one or more playlists in MC17, properly.  The only thing that syncs is the files, though.  The different playlists themselves don't appear on the handheld.  Is there any way to get the playlists working, and ideally syncing, on the handheld? 

THX from NewToMC

ripumo

Re: sync multiple playlists?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:45:19 am »

Hy NewToMC

Sorry for my English - not my first language!

If you can sync playlists, you are already lucky! I can not sync complete playlists. Tried different settings in the options (no changes to songs, only change if necessary, always change, and so on).

I try to do it on the Card (64GB). Formatted it in the phone itself - same problem. Downloaded a formatting program which understands FAT32 - (http://downloads.phpnuke.org/en/download-item-view-g-x-x-m-v/FAT32FORMAT.htm) and plugged it into the PC -> same problem.

Some songs are synching very quick (at about 8MB/sec...) but after a few songs there is a mistake message (in the details preview of MC) and the speed breaks down to 0.2MB/sec -> all further songs are showing "failed" and are not transmitted.

I have at about 50% *mp3 songs and the rest is in apple format (*.m4a) which were mp3 songs uploaded to itunes and re-downloaded from itunes in "better" quality (they say  ::))

One point which is a bit special:
When I tried to sync a small playlist directly on the PC (not via phone - but SD Card plugged in to the PC) there was a message before it started, that one will not be synced because of some problem with the file (but no further details from the system)...

The small playlist was afterwards synched (24 song) correctly. One song less than in the original playlist.

Then, I formatted the Card again in the Galaxy S3 - went to the same playlist and tried to sync. at about 13 songs no problem - then one song (I guess the one which was detected in my first try) did not sync -> shows failed in the details and all following songs could not be synched.

Meanwhile I synch my playlists via Itunes (but the point is, that I don't want this Itunes any more :-[) as follows:

Marking all songs in the MC Playlist. Pack it with my mouse and drag and drop it to Itunes (all songs have the playlist name in the comment-tag...)

Then I make a new "intelligent" playlist out of the name in the comment-tag -> like this I prepare 7 play lists with at about 4000 songs totally.

Those playlists will now be synced out of Itunes with the small app "iSyncr (can be downloaded from play store) to the card in the Galaxy S3.

At about 25 songs out of the 4000 are missing (may be files which are not recognized -> such as *.ogg and so on). But works fine.

Anyway - I do not want that Itunes anymore!!!!

Anybody any Idea??? Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up