INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user with JRiver MC setup question  (Read 1140 times)

tony22

• Recent member
New user with JRiver MC setup question
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:09:51 pm »

Hi. I'm new here, but a long time music server user with Slimdevices (now Logitecth) Squeezeboxes and now a PS Audio PWD DAC with Bridge. My question has to do specifically with using MC17 as a network based server for the PWD Bridge.

I have my Win7 PC set up with music drives, with hard cabled Ethernet to the PWD Bridge. The Bridge is supposed to be UPnP/DLNA compatible. PS Audio's eLyric Music Manager program provides the interface and control to serve the music to the Bridge. I'll call it a work in progress. What I'd like to know is whether I can replace eMM with JRiver MC17 and have it be the controller and server of my music files over the Ethernet link to PWD Bridge. If it is possible, how would I set it up? I downloaded the trial version and would like to try this if it can be made to work.

I hope this is possible, because I've read so many good things about JRiver, and because MC17 has the DSD plugin - which would make my music server capabilities complete (my SACDs have been ripped to my music drive and I'd love to be able to play those along with my RB FLAC files).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New user with JRiver MC setup question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »

Welcome.  The short answer is "I don't know", but you can try it.  Just turn on Media Network in MC's options.  You could read about DLNA on our wiki.

I'll move this to the Media Network board.

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »

Thanks. Yes, I wasn't sure where the right place was for this question.

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »

It works! It works! It was so easy I was shocked when it did. I turned on Media Network, got Windows Firewall to allow the MC17 port access request, selected a tune... and went to my system to hear it coming out of my speakers. This is great!

Now my next question: what are the settings for Audio and Media Network to produce the highest fidelity output? I'd like to transcode my FLAC files before sending to the PWD (the PWD can transcode but I think it sounds better at least from eMM if the server transcodes), and I'd like to rate convert my DSD files to 24/176.2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up