INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.257 Beta Available...  (Read 5682 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.257 Beta Available...
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2002, 05:24:27 pm »

I downloaded both the musepack for MJ and for the "regular" folks, which is the one you must use for "external encoder", and can't get either one to work right. Both crash MJ. There was a new file added to the media library with the filename and an mpc extension but it was 1411, like the original wav but wouldn't play. The "conversion" was also much too fast. Seems like all it did was rename the wav file. Maybe this should be in the bug thread.

It really did work before. I have several mpc files that converted and play just fine.

CVIII

(I've got your back, MH)
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2002, 05:55:13 pm »

Matt,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still looping the last three seconds of the last song on "Playing Now". Is this fixable or is it just a slightly inconvenient thing to live with?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you using DirectX or WaveOut? Does switching help? How about an updated sound card driver? Let us know...

Thanks.
CVIII

-Matt

I am using Direct Sound output. There is no looping problem with "wav out". A sound card driver update doesn't seem to be available. I have a fairly crappy sound card: Conexant RipTide by Rockwell.
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2002, 05:59:55 pm »

C8,
Use wave out.  Take two aspirins.  We will send the bill.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2002, 06:22:42 pm »

The toolbars for vis studio are non-adjustable. Even when viewed at full screen size the tools > options is underneath a button. Granted, vis studio works best minimized, but even then I sometimes drag the window a little wider. Would be nice to make the increased window real estate useful for the toolbar. Any chance of this becoming a reality?

Claurika

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2002, 06:41:12 pm »

I have installed Media Jukebox 8.0.257 beta  and imported some data CDs.
After this I used update Library, and lost ALL CD-Data !!!
Will this be fixed?
I have the Problem from the first MJ 8.* Beta
Using Win98

Regards Claurika

gvag

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2002, 08:32:08 pm »

JimH -
This has become a saga.  Uninstalled DFX, no joy.  Did a dumb, lazy thing and tried reinstalling 256 over 257 - sadness.

Uninstalled 256, ran Norton Win Doctor to confirm there were no tag ends lying around from either 256 or DFX, optimized the registry, rebooted and installed 256 which used to run without a hitch.  Couldn't access normal Play mode (ctl-alt-del followed by Reset to recover)

After numerous reboots I tried Play Media File and everything seemed OK.  Closed MJ and restarted, Play functioned properly.  Closed MJ went to check how my life was doing came back brought the system out of standby, started MJ and lockedup when I tried to Play something.

It is now several reboots later and I cannot get 256 to Play at all.  Next step uninstall 256 and revert to 248 which was very stable for me.  I'll report back on the results.

gvag

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2002, 11:06:01 pm »

JimH -
Reinstalled using 248 build, MJ Played once and after exiting and restarting MJ it woiuld not Play at all.  Many reboots later and all I can report is that it will not Play no matter which way I try to get it going.

I ran Norton Disk Doctor and Speed Disk prior to reinstalling, also ran NAV and WinDoctor no problems reported.  WMP runs and plays just fine.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

gvag

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2002, 12:19:01 am »

JimH -

So after my last post I quit IE and was going to do some programming but it occurred to me that I hadn't tried starting MJ by openning a music file in Explorer.  So I did and it played.

Close/Reopen MJ numerous times testing various methods of initiating Play and everything worked.

Next step.  Rebooted and tried again.  No joy with many reboots would not play even from Explorer.  So...

Reboot.  Start WMP and it played fine.  Close the other player and start MJ all seems to be working as it should.  This method is not 100% maybe 90% for example:
Listening to: 'A Bit of Basie' from 'Smack Up' by 'Art Pepper' on Media Jukebox
If I close MJ its not certain that it will play if I restart it, sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Same with the start Media Player trick.

?

thanks

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2002, 03:10:55 am »

- Play/Pause key on Natural Keyboard Pro still opens keyboard driver dialog if MJ is in background (but otherwise it plays/pauses correctly).

- the font preview in "Options - Tree & View - Select Font" is not visible because it is overlayed by a dummy control).

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2002, 05:08:27 am »

gvag,
Please start a new thread on this problem.  You may have other problems with the system.  Don't use anything but the current beta.  257 is a very good build.  This may turn out to be our bug, but keeping it in a separate thread will help.

You may have said so, but try disabling skins.  Also try a reinstall of sound card drivers.

If you start a new thread, it would help to copy and paste the relevant parts of this thread.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up