INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Podcast feature to download multiple mp3s from blog posts  (Read 995 times)

elpaolo

• World Citizen
Using Podcast feature to download multiple mp3s from blog posts
« on: September 03, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »

Since I already answered my own question below, here's a new, related one: Is there any way to tell MC to look for and download multiple audio files from a blog post that it finds in an RSS feed? Many of the music blogs I frequent post multiple files for a given day (or make multiple posts in a given day), yet MC seems to grab just one file per post (and/or one post per day). Is there any way to get it to look for and download more files?

P

-----

Is there any way to prevent MC from retagging files downloaded from RSS feeds?

I'm trying to setup MC to download mp3s from a number of free / legal mp3 blogs I read, but the retagging MC down upon download strips out the artist info and clogs up the Name field with the blog post title instead of the original song title. Is there any way to have MC simply grab the mp3s from the posts without retagging them? This is potentially such a great use of the podcast feature, because it would save me and hour a week of trolling around all the blogs and hand-downloading the tracks.

And, if what I'm asking isn't currently possible, could that be something for MC 18, perhaps?

Hope you're all having a lovely Labor Day!

P

elpaolo

• World Citizen
Re: Preventing renaming / retagging of podcast downloads
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »

Whoops--I may have already found the answer. It looks like replacing the DEFAULT tag in the tagging options with the artist, album, name, etc. tags will preserve the original file info. Woo!

P
Pages: [1]   Go Up