INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 Install issues when exceeded 30day Trial period  (Read 1253 times)

gmon5748

MC17 Install issues when exceeded 30day Trial period
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:14:38 pm »

Hi

I installed the trial a few months ago and it expired some time ago. I then recently purchased MC17 and received the Registration Code email. The standard install seems to complete ok to my main system but when the MC17 starts up it just says that the 30 Trial Period has ended.

I then successfully installed MC17 onto another laptop that has not had the trial version installed and it all works fine. BUT I need to get it installed onto my main system, not the laptop. I successfully used the laptop to do an install to a thumbdrive and then used the thumbdrive on my main system and MC17 starts ok when running from the thumbdrive, but when I try to run MC17 from the main HDD it just constantly says that the 30 Day Trial Period has ended.

How can I get MC17 installed onto my main system HDD? Thanks.

Gareth

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC17 Install issues when exceeded 30day Trial period
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 11:39:17 pm »

Thanks for the purchase.

You just need to restore your license on your main machine at the restore page.  Just enter the code you received when you purchased.

More details here:
http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gmon5748

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 12:31:31 am »

Matt,

appreciate the prompt response. I did this and got to the License Restore Page and ran the file MediaCenter18-181533.exe and it complained that this will not run with 64bit Win. Did it again and saved the MediaCenter18-181533.exe to HDD, rebooted and tried running it and it now says License Installed Successfully.

It seems to be running ok now. I removed thumbdrive, rebooted and made sure icon points to where it is installed on my HDD and it now seems to be running ok.

Thanks for that.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:34 am »

The file extension should be mjr and not exe.  Your browser renamed the file.  It's a bug in the browser.  Just rename it mjr .
Pages: [1]   Go Up