INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can not connect to MC Server from clients but can from Network  (Read 1491 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Can not connect to MC Server from clients but can from Network
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:36:41 pm »

Tonight I tried to play a movie and got a message "Something went wrong with playback. Failed to find or open file". I tried on both computers (I have two computers  connected as clients) that can't connect to the Server anymore. All my computers are Win7 32bit, MC17.0.185. I can access/see the Server files from the network and I can see my movies when I look at them directly through Windows Explorer from any computer. If I try to play one MC tries to connect to the Server and can not (a box pops up trying to connect to 192.168.0.100/something, but can't).
I didn't change anything on any computers so i don't know what suddenly changed to cause this. I just tried to upgrade to 17.0.186 but htis didn't help (all machines are on the same MC version).
I can run MC on the Server and it will play the movies.
I can access the internet and all other computers from the Server without issue. I just can't access MC17 on the Server from my clients.

Any ideas? Log attached.

CountryBumkin

Re: Can not connect to MC Server from clients but can from Network
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:20 am »

I'm still down today. Any suggestions what to do/check?
My home network and internet is working normally. This morning I could connect to the Server from the client but as soon as I try to play a movie I get the "Something went wrong" message. Program is also slow to respond to commands (such as file>exit).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:59:26 am »

You could try generating a new Access Key.  There is also a test in the same area of settings.

Make sure you aren't running an MC18 server at the same time as an MC17 server.

For the slowness problem, take a look in Task Manager to see what's running.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 04:48:51 pm »

I think I found the source of the problem. it is a new movie I just ripped to my HD the other day. This is the first time I tried to play it. It seems that everytime I try to play it from a client, it crashes the Server. It does appaer to play okay from the Server - just not from a client. I can play any other movie from the client except this one.

That is why I have not been able to conect to the server, it has been shutting itself down.

I'm going to covert the movie from VOB to MKV and see if that removes the issue. if not, I'll rerip it (BTW the DVD is Mission Impossible III).

CountryBumkin

Re: Connecting to MC Server from clients to play movie crashes MC
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »

problem not solved. I know now that it is not due to one specific bad movie rip. I have now played a few movies succesfully since my last post, and crashed MC server a few times. Sometimes I can play a movie sometimes I can not - I'm not sure what the pattern is yet. The last two that crashed server were IFO (VOB) movies. I'll see if it is only those type of files, or if my m2ts files crash too.

I could use some help, if someone could read the log and provide some guideance, it would be very appreciated.
This problem has been going on for a couple of days now. i changed nothing (although Windows 7 may have done an update on its own - to create this issue).

Log attached.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 04:29:16 am »

It seems to only be IFO files (my DVD rips) that are crashing the Server. I have played every other file type.
Everytime I try to play an IFO on a client, the Server crashes.
It's so strange - I can't find a reason for this. Nothing was changed on any computers prior to this problem.

If no one responds to this problem, the next step will be to delete MC from the Server and try a fresh install.
Pages: [1]   Go Up