INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Shows Season Views?  (Read 7235 times)

mbc0

• Recent member
TV Shows Season Views?
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:22 pm »

Hi,

I have been adding my TV Series into MC and would like to know how to show the season levels please? At the moment when I am in theater view I go to the name of the series and then there is just a jumbled up list of  episodes (in no particular order) ?? The metadata is all correct, but how do I get to choose my show & then choose which season & then display the episodes in the correct order?  Also it is the same for the database, when I go to tv shows in the video column I just have hundreds of different shows all over the place.  My files have been pain stakenley named over the years for example Ashes To Ashes/Season 01/S01E01 - The name of the episode.  So I am sure that this is correct?

Thanks in advance...

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Shows Season Views?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

In "Options - Theater View" Under items to show, click on the view you are looking at in Theater View, then in the Details section you can define the view by adding Series and Season. Play around a bit...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27:15 am »

Hi,

I have been adding my TV Series into MC and would like to know how to show the season levels please? At the moment when I am in theater view I go to the name of the series and then there is just a jumbled up list of  episodes (in no particular order) ?? The metadata is all correct, but how do I get to choose my show & then choose which season & then display the episodes in the correct order?  Also it is the same for the database, when I go to tv shows in the video column I just have hundreds of different shows all over the place.  My files have been pain stakenley named over the years for example Ashes To Ashes/Season 01/S01E01 - The name of the episode.  So I am sure that this is correct?

Thanks in advance...

This should have been a default in 18. 

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:56:51 am »

It should. It gives a really bad impression for people using MC the first time, to just see the things spread out in no particular order.

Caption should also adapt for this. But just giving sort order for Season, Episode would help here (it's possible this is default now, as I've changed all of mine). Also, I think it would be good to get a view that displays seasons. People are used to this from other applications, and they expect to find it in MC too.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:37 am »

It's not too late, we're still VERY early in the process.  I think the default views should all get some serious attention.  Try looking at the images default views.  They don't show me anything useful :(
pretend this is something funny

mbc0

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:17:24 am »

Thanks for the info guys, I am "getting" there now, but as mentioned, these default views would have been great as I have just come from MCE with the MyMovies add-on that I have used for years & you can't argue it is very well laid out & easy to use....  I am able to get my view as I like in the folder & tree for TV Shows but then when I go back to look at the movie database it follows the same structure using series & seasons etc which then becomes unworkable, is there no way to keep the two view different? one view for movies & one for TV Shows? otherwise do I have to keep changing the views each time I want to look at them?

Cheers

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 04:37:25 am »

+1

I posted just a couple of weeks ago a similar request for help in MC17 board (even tried to reword my question to bump it up) but did not receive any support for it:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74253.0

Thank you so much mbc0 for raising the issue in a clearer way.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 05:50:03 am »

+1

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:38:11 am »

+1, would really like this to be default.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 02:07:15 pm »

+1

Not only do I think the current default is a poor way of organizing TV shows, it's very confusing for people coming from every other HTPC frontend. Also, can you please consider doing the same for Gizmo views? Setting up season views in Gizmo was needlessly complicated in v17: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72959.0. I appreciate the power JRiver provides, but developers need to consider what general users expect out of the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up