INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import Not Working?  (Read 2419 times)

ghoti

• Recent member
Auto-Import Not Working?
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »

My auto-import is not working even though I have it configured to do so (apologies if this has been asked before, but I did try to search for it).  The issue might be related to my configuration, so here's what I have.

Media Server - Ubuntu Server box that's up 24x7 with multiple 2TB drives
JRiver Box - Windows 7 x64 computer
Network - both connected wired using Gigabit Ethernet

My JRiver computer does go to sleep, but I'll run it for hours at a time, and there's no change to my library unless I exit Theater View and select "Run Auto-Import Now".

Can anyone help me out on why this is not working?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Import Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:38:59 am »

Open up Tools/Options, go to Library & Folders and check "Run auto-import in the background" is ticked.

Next, click on Configure auto-import. Check the folders are added that you want Media Center to watch. Make sure they are accessible by browsing to them with Windows Explorer. Are you using UNC paths or mapped drive letters? If using UNC paths, make sure they are working or try changing it to mapped drive letters.

Select each folder and click Edit. Check the proper file types are selected and click OK.

Under Tasks, check the correct options for additional tasks are checked. If you have 'Ignore files previously removed from the library' ticked, untick it to make sure that its not that.

I've noticed sometimes it can take a while before songs are imported, but Im not sure why that is. Especially if analyze audio and build thumbnails are enalbed under tasks, it takes a while. I think that background process has a very low priority so as not to interfere or hog the system.

ghoti

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:16:48 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, but all of those are already configured the way you mentioned.  I did go through and double-check though.  But it still doesn't auto-import.  I can manually run auto-import and it works fine, it's just that it doesn't run on its own.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51:54 am »

I think the file system needs to support change notification events for auto-import to notice something within the tree has been updated.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up