INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There was a problem controlling your DLNA device (Sony BDP-S590)  (Read 4743 times)

Carcajou

• Recent member

Bonjour,

I am setting up a Sony BDP-S590 Blue ray disk player as a music DLNA player. All connexions between JRiver PC (library), NAS(wav files), and the Sony S590 are by Cat 5 ethernet. I can control the Sony S590 by JRiver in my PC or with an Android tablet running Gizmo. JRiver version: 17.0.186

The issue: The Sony S590 player will play one track or two and then the player will stop (between tracks or in the middle of a track) and JRiver will post this information message window: "There was a problem controlling the DLNA device. Double check your device, server and network settings". When I click OK on that message window, the playback resume.  It also happens that the player will skip to the next track even if the playback of the current track is not finished. 98% of the music files are in wav format with embedded tagging.

I have never experienced these problems with my Pioneer N50 Network Audio Player that use an identical setup. Thanks in advance for your fix suggestions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: There was a problem controlling your DLNA device (Sony BDP-S590)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:13 am »

It would be worth trying the beta of MC18.  Both can be installed at the same time.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:16:35 pm »

You could also try the two DLNA controller settings for when you use MC as the controller.
Right-click on the Sony zone in MC. You'll see DLNA Controller options.
Disable SetNext support (for broken renderers).  Try turning that on first.
If the problem persists, try turning on the Ignore Transport Events option.

Carcajou

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:51:41 pm »

Bonjour Bob,

For some reasons that escape me, the Sony BDP-S590 DLNA renderer works fine now with none of the DLNA Controller Options "ticked" or "selected". The Sony DLNA renderer now plays wav files one after another with no problems. Perhaps a reboot of the PC running MC17 cleared some gremlins.... I only get the message "there was a problem controlling your DLNA device" at the very end of the album, after the last track has played. I will let it work this way for a while (a few days) and then I will try to tackle this error message.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 03:04:28 pm »

Bonjour Bob,

For some reasons that escape me, the Sony BDP-S590 DLNA renderer works fine now with none of the DLNA Controller Options "ticked" or "selected". The Sony DLNA renderer now plays wav files one after another with no problems. Perhaps a reboot of the PC running MC17 cleared some gremlins.... I only get the message "there was a problem controlling your DLNA device" at the very end of the album, after the last track has played. I will let it work this way for a while (a few days) and then I will try to tackle this error message.

Hello Carcajou,
When you untick those options, you are running a basic uPNP server without DLNA support. That still should work, however with the error you are seeing at the end, you may want to still try disabling SetNext support as I mentioned.

Let us know what happens when you get a chance.

Carcajou

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 02:53:55 pm »

Bonjour Bob,

At last, for a few days now, the Sony BDP S590 has played all the .wav file (16/44) JRiver MC17 served to it with no problem at all with both DLNA Controller Option not "ticked" and through a wifi connexion. I will leave the set up like it is.  Thanks Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up