INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Now files imported?  (Read 1052 times)

fallsroad

• Recent member
Play Now files imported?
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:05:36 am »

Been working with MC the last few days and really like it so far.

I have two questions, both if which may be easy to answer. I am on Windows 7 64.

1 - What sort of lag is there for auto import to recognize changes to the watched directories? I have two main directories that are set to auto import, and i have checked the background option, but a very long time (including restarting the program) can pass before MC detects new folder and files. I usually have to manually import them. All files are local to my machine, not on a network.

2 - I have a large single directory of loose tracks that I sometimes like to load up in the player as a sort of jukebox. I prefer not to import these into the library, but after playing the directory and clearing them from Play Now, they all appear in every other view (Artist, Album, Files, etc), mixing in with the artists and albums I have actually imported. These files are in a completely separate directory from the rest of my music, and I have unchecked the option to import files that have been played. The only way to remove them from view is to sort all 50,000+ files by path name, then manually remove the ones i haven't imported and do not want in the library.

Appreciate any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play Now files imported?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:49 am »

Welcome to Interact.

On both questions, double check your auto-import settings.  Select each directory and edit it to see the filetypes you're importing.

fallsroad

• Recent member
Re: Play Now files imported?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:40:51 am »

Welcome to Interact.

On both questions, double check your auto-import settings.  Select each directory and edit it to see the filetypes you're importing.

The two directories are set to import all audio file types. I started the program about 20 minutes ago, and additions to those directories are still not imported.

The other directory of loose tracks does not reside within either of those two - it is on a different drive altogether, and is not set to be imported at all. The option to import files that have been played is also not checked, but these particular files seem to hang around. They aren't imported, I don't think, because no cover art is pulled for them, but after clearing them from Play Now, they remain in all the different views, even after MC is closed and reopened.

Pages: [1]   Go Up