Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: volume  (Read 743 times)

Tomr1

• Junior Woodchuck
volume
« on: October 16, 2012, 06:03:11 am »

Can I get comparable results with the MC17 internal volume control as a reference preamp? If I can how do I set it up.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: volume
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:02 am »

I go directly to my amps and use internal volume in JRiver. You can read more about it in the wiki. I would recommend using volume protection.

In Tools > Options > Audio > Volume you can find the various volume options.

How you set it up depends on the drivers for the soundcard/DAC you are using. If the Windows volume control is bypassed when using ASIO or WASAPI, then you can just change to internal volume, adjust the volume down, and start using internal volume all the time in JRiver.

If the Windows volume control is not bypassed when using ASIO (some Creative cards) or WASAPI (some internal soundcards), then you must set your Window master volume all the way to 100% before using JRiver's internal volume control.

I recommend setting your Windows default device to something other than your audio device used by JRiver. This prevents a website or system sound from coming through at full volume. To route other sources like internet and games through JRiver, I use the loopback feature of JRiver.

Pages: [1]   Go Up