INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License expired  (Read 1202 times)

stubbo

• Recent member
License expired
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:11:08 am »

I've got a problem installing my license key on 18, says it has expired. So I downloaded another copy of it and it still says it has expired.

v18 key on a v18 install (on windows server 2012 - full production release version).

Was hoping that v18 would solve the problem of MC17 crashing randomly, don't have much more info on that  as it just ends.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License expired
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:14:02 pm »

Check your system date.

See the wiki topics on

Restoring a license

and

Stability

atkatana

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:13 am »

So I have the same problem only with a twist.  The fine print says my license will work for MC 17 and MC 18 "if" you bought MC 17 after July 10th 2012.

Check and double checked I bought on July 5th 2010.  No mention that I was 5 days out of getting MC 18 for free when I bought or honestly I would have waited the 5 days.

Can someone help me here... You really want another 25 bucks for 5 days.  Sorry either tell people when the license upgrade period begins "BEFORE" they purchase or imho you need to be a little more flexible here.

Any help?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:23:59 am »

MC17 was sold with an MC18 license for several months before MC18 was available for public download outside the development board.  We didn't switch to MC18 as our primary version until about a month ago.

You don't need to upgrade.  MC17 will work fine.

atkatana

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »

I understand I can use MC 17 I do and I enjoy it so much I recommend it to anyone who will listen.  I am listening to MC 18 now on another box in a different system where I typically use Foobar.  In 30 days I will simply go back to foobar its good enough imho for a second system.  Basically its my test box.

I understand you have to draw a line somewhere... got it I work for a software company and understand you have a business to run.  My point was that when I bought I did not see any notion of a cut off date for a free upgrade to MC 18.  If I missed it fine got it my bad.  Tell me it was there and I will simply buckle down in the next couple weeks and pay the upgrade fee.

If you did not post it 5 days before it took effect then shame on you, I don't think that is the right way to treat your customers.  5 days before hand you knew or should have known what was coming and the cut off date was the 10th.  Its not about 25 bucks I am all in favor of supporting your efforts to develop a really good PC based player. 

I simply know had I been told I would have held off a couple days, and I think I should have been informed enough to make that choice :'(.
Pages: [1]   Go Up