INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use of PEQ in JRiver?  (Read 2389 times)

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Use of PEQ in JRiver?
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »

I have tried some searches but haven't had much luck finding the info I would like regarding JRiver PEQ adjustment.   

After recent REW sweeps on my system by a local Tech, I found I need some minor adjustments to smooth out around 38, 55, 80 and 110-120.   

Is there a tutorial on PEQ usage or can someone provide me with a link to some threads that discuss JRiver PEQ please.

Regards Cazzesman

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Re: Use of PEQ in JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:41:59 am »

I'm guessing the questions was to hard.  :'(

Okay..........in the PEQ window what does Fp and Qp stand for please.

Regards Cazzesman

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »

I'm not sitting in front of my HTPC right now, but I would guess Fp is frequency and Qp is Q.  I'll try to remember to take a look when I get home.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:20:59 pm »

OK, I was bored, so I installed v18 on this PC...I don't see pF and pQ.  Can you do a screen shot?

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 12:28:35 am »

>:(  I'm sorry the pix01.com is not letting me play.  It says my email address is not valid and will not except my password even though both are correct.

Basically when the Parametric EQ window comes up there are selected boxes for filter setup.   The 4 boxes can have various numbers inserted.

Fz - Frequency
Qz - Q factor
Fp - ?
Qp - ?

Regards Cazzesman

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 09:00:21 am »

>:(  I'm sorry the pix01.com is not letting me play.  It says my email address is not valid and will not except my password even though both are correct.Regards Cazzesman
You need to register first.

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 05:09:59 pm »

I had previously checked the Pix01 site and can't find a place to register.     I assumed my email and password was the ones I use to access MC now.    I use v16 and am happy to stay with it.   Do I need to have V17 to find the registration link to Pix01?

Regards Cazzesman

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »

>:(  I'm sorry the pix01.com is not letting me play.  It says my email address is not valid and will not except my password even though both are correct.

Basically when the Parametric EQ window comes up there are selected boxes for filter setup.   The 4 boxes can have various numbers inserted.

Fz - Frequency
Qz - Q factor
Fp - ?
Qp - ?

Regards Cazzesman

That's for a Linkwitz Transform, not anything that you need.

Click Commands, and select "Adjust a Frequency." You'll have 4 boxes: Frequency, Bandwidth (Q), Gain, and channels. You'll input the frequency you want to adjust in the first box, the Q in the second (Q basically determines how wide or narrow bandwidth your adjustment will cover), gain is the amount of change + or -, and the channel determines what channel that change will affect.

You said the Tech did sweeps with REW. If you've still got the files open them in REW and click the EQ box and start playing around with that. You might start to get an idea of what Freq and Q are all about. There's also some solid guides on hometheatershack.com for REW, I'd start there.

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 06:53:17 pm »

Thanks.  Greatly appreciated.

Regards Cazzesman

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 09:55:07 am »

got busy this weekend...glad this got answered, I was just logging in to respond! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up