INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of using JRiver but I have a few questions  (Read 1147 times)

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
Thinking of using JRiver but I have a few questions
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:10:59 am »

I'm thinking of using JRiver for my HTPC setup but have a few questions before installing it. I hope you don't mind answering a few questions.

I have a few 96/24 bit files that I would like to play. Currently my HTPC, Windows 7 64x, is connected to my Denon 3808CI receiver via HDMI. I don't have a separate sound card. I have an Intel i5 cpu and using the onboard HDMI. I can play blu ray movies in full hd audio output to my receiver.

My receiver is capable of the following
2-channel linear PCM
2ch 32-192 kHz
16/20/24 bits

I also noted the following the manual "The audio signals output from the HDMI connector (sampling frequency, bit rate, etc.) may be restricted
by the connected device."

Is it possible to send the the appropriate signal to my receiver? For ex, I noticed that if I play one of my 96/24 files, my receiver shows the input signal as 48. If I go to Control Panel, Sound, select my Denon Receiver, then select the Shared Output and set it at 96/24 then my receiver shows the correct signal.

Problem is I don't want to have to always switch this whenever I want to play various bit rates. Is there a way for JR to bypass the Windows component and pass the signal to my receiver so it can decode appropriately?

Also, I’m currently using WMC, TMT, and MyMovies 4.  Can I still use TMT with JR and have it automatically play the movie?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Thinking of using JRiver but I have a few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:43:16 pm »

Welcome.  This wiki topic should help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

You can "bitstream" to the receiver and let it decode.

Or you can tell MC to adjust the sample rate in the DSP Studio / Output settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up