INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: protect files on missing drives - seems to be broken  (Read 1181 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
protect files on missing drives - seems to be broken
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:18:21 am »

Ran import with option "Fix broken links: yes (protect files on missing drives)"

One of my network drives (mapped to I:) was disconnected. MC removed all media located on I: from my library.

I know that this option works correctly for removable (USB) drives but this is the first time that I've tried it in a long time with network drives.

I recall some recent changes were made in this area and wonder if something is broken?

It seems to me that disconnected network drives should be protected just like disconnected removable drives.

Jong

Re: protect files on missing drives - seems to be broken
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:29:14 am »

I'm not convinced it works for USB drives either, at least not all. I have three USB 3.0 connected large media drives and MC definitely treats them as regular hard drives. If they are offline for any reason they are removed from the library.

I would very much like to be able to tell MC to treat these as removable, instead of the current, seemingly semi-reliable, automatic system.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 05:52:55 am »

I've been experiencing the same thing with my NAS drive. Many times when I launch MC17 all the files on my NAS drive are missing and I have to wait for them to re-import all over again.

Is this a known problem with suggestion for fix, or have I set it up wrong? I use the defaults in Library settings.

Thanks,
Ken

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 06:47:52 am »

Is it a Synology drive?  If so, try a search here for recent problems caused by firmware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up