INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: customize views for Gizmo & Webgizmo problem in version 78  (Read 2140 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
customize views for Gizmo & Webgizmo problem in version 78
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:17:33 am »

Hi,

When I change or add views in (Web)Gizmo changes are not visible. Sometimes a change is done partly.
Is it a bug, or....? Also in "My River" changes do not show.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo problem in version 70
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:18:04 am »

I'm not sure.
I changed one of my Audio views for Gizmo a week or so ago and had the devils job getting Gizmo on Android to display the new view.

I tried restarting MC and the server several times, I deleted cache folders I found around the place, I went to android settings and removed Gizmo data, and still the old view persisted.

I'm not sure what flipped it, but one more server/MC restart, and the new view showed up. Now it's there, I daren't even breathe on the settings as I don't fancy going through all that again.

I didn't report it as these client/server things are so hard to troubleshoot, and no-one else had mentioned it...

Perhaps you're about to open the floodgates!! ;)

I would say persevere with the MC/Server restarts, flush the caches, rinse, repeat...

-marko

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:07:02 am »

Marco,

Thanks for your reply. Restart the PC does not do it for me. Another problem (that I also had with MC 17) is when Gizmo is at zone "X" and my desktop GUI is at zone "Y" when asking for "play list" in Gizmo I get the play list from "Y". Switching my desktop GUI to the same zone is solving the issue but for that I need to switch on my TV......annoying.

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:24:16 pm »

No reply so far, and changes made do not show up in the view. Not on iPAD and also not on Samsung SII.

Any suggestions? I am now om build 74.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
Re: customize views for Gizmo & Webgizmo problem in version 78
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »

I tried to change my WebGizmo view as well ... but no changes that I made have shown up either through a web browser or on my Android phone.  I'm not going to try anything else until I see if someone has been successful in changing views.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:34:34 pm »

I just added a new category under Audio, and then browsed to it via Firefox.  The new view category appeared.  I didn't have to restart MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »

Am still not able to see any changes either in a web browser or on my Android phone.  Any help out there?
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

locust

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 02:49:30 am »

This happens to me as well, to get around it I have to close MC, Media Server and make sure the processes are ended via the task manager.. The changes then appear the I re-open MC..

Makes it difficult to customize though as I don't like making too many changes at once, so it is a lot of closing & re-opening :(

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:03 am »

Make your changes in Standard View using Categories.  This will emulate what you ultimately want.  Once that works out, use those settings to customize Gizmo.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up