INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding another copy of MC17 on the network as a Zone  (Read 1366 times)

kosmicken

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding another copy of MC17 on the network as a Zone
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »

Folks, I feel rather silly creating a thread to ask how to do this.  I know it should be simple. But I have spent so much time playing around with MC17 this afternoon, and poking around the forums, and just cannot figure it out.  The Wiki page for Zones states:

Your new zone will appear under Playing Now. Click on it and use the standard options to select a sound device. (Each zone has its own device.)

A DLNA Renderer can also be a zone.

Well, how do I do this?  (I'm assuming another copy of MC qualifies as a renderer.)

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Adding another copy of MC17 on the network as a Zone
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »

You can read about Media Network on our wiki.  Turn it on in Tools/Options/Media Network.

kosmicken

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »

Media Network is turned on.  I use Gizmo.  Reading that page did not help me figure out the answer to my question here.  Could you please be more specific?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:56 pm »

You can either connect to a Library Server and control it (called TRemote), or turn on media network on both sides and control zones through DLNA.  For DLNA, you'll need to be on the same local network and not have a firewall blocking traffic.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kosmicken

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:29 am »

Yes, I know you can.  I'm asking how?

I was hoping it was going to be something simple like the firewall once you mentioned that.  However, that doesn't seem to be it, as I can see both MC libraries as available servers on my BD player.

Please, tell me how to add one copy of MC as a Zone in another, or show me where that is documented in detail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up