INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto import questions...and thanks!  (Read 1075 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
auto import questions...and thanks!
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:09 pm »

jriver has been doing what i wanted with photos (still working on videos but getting there).  so i'm willing to let it play with my precious music files (long time Media Monkey power user here)

questions-

1.  if i set auto import to auto watch certain folders, how can i MAKE SURE 100% that jriver does NOT ALTER ANY TAGS AUTOMATICALLY? (i have been playing with settings i just want to make sure nothing is changed without my knowledge)

2.  if i manage to do this, will the library update as i enter new music from my sort folder?  at this time i'm still going to use Media Monkey to sort new stuff, until i've figured the (looking very powerful to me) jriver interface.  i want to experiment by making sure jriver updates the library properly (i.e. WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING WITHOUT MY INPUT) before i start using jriver to move files around.

edit:  i'm not looking for noob options, i'm prepared to give jriver a go to replace media monkey (of which i am an experienced power user) so basically i just want to make sure i'm not going to get ANYTHING changed automatically...but i want the library to update automatically when i make a manual tag or file move change.

hope this makes sense, and thanks for advice...like i said i'm figuring stuff out i just want to make sure that nothing in my precious collection (with literally thousands of hours spent tagging, cover art, etc.) is changed without my knowledge and/or consent.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: auto import questions...and thanks!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:34:04 pm »

You can turn tagging off with Options > General > Update tags when file info changes.

And you can configure Auto-Import to not get cover art when it's missing or analyze audio (which could save tags) in Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:30 pm »

You could also set up a test library with just a few files.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »

i figured as much, on both counts

thanks guys, i'll try with a small batch on a backup drive first :)

the tagging options seem very powerful so i'm quite excited about finally stepping away from MM
Pages: [1]   Go Up