INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP-presets  (Read 1489 times)

Martin166

• Recent member
DSP-presets
« on: November 20, 2012, 06:10:54 am »

Hello everybody at JRiver MC,
what about my request? Is it implemented by now??
I posted this a few month ago:

I want DSP-presets (youŽll find this feature in a professional DAW like Samplitude or Cubase) that contain:

1. the FX-chain or in other words the FX-routing (for MC-effects and VST-plugins)!

2. the specific settings for each of the MC-effects and VST-plugins!!!

3. the ability to save this preset file!

If MC brings on this feature IŽll immediately buy it, because this feature makes the player become a really serious tool for watching concert videos! :-*

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: DSP-presets
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 09:01:22 am »

You can currently save VST presets and set them differently for each zone so this part already works. You can basically do want you want already by creating different zones for different content. What is planned to happen is to make the zone switching automatic.

Some work has been done in V18 on this, but it isn't finished yet. The last info was back in August according to the build change log:

18.0.33 (8/23/2012)
6. Changed: Revised how zone-specific settings are stored (groundwork for the coming zone setting presets feature).

I think what will happen is that you can assign zones to your music/movies based on your own criteria and playback will be automatic.

For now, I would just create zones like 2 channel music, multi channel music, music video, movies, etc. and then set the DSP and VST presets for each zone. Just select the zone you want before playback and then choose your media. All other settings for the zones can be identical such as audio device, method of volume control, video settings, etc.

Martin166

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

Pleeeaaase make it as comfortable as in a DAW!!! : one preset for all settings.

I donŽt think that anything else is really comfortable.

Programming this should not be a big problem, because most DAWs have this feature.

Please tell me when all DSP setting can be set by clicking a preset.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »

What is a DAW?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 06:31:56 pm »

A DAW is a Digital Audio Workstation and can refer to the computer and software or, more typcally, just the software. Examples of such programs are Reaper, Pro Tools, Cakewalk and many others. The programs are used for mixing live or recorded audio and generally rely on VST plugins for various affects,, EQ, and routing. You can save a VST chain including the settings in each VST plugin and recall these settings very easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up