INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retrieved Registration Code But Doesn't Work to Reregister  (Read 1508 times)

Redbeemer

Retrieved Registration Code But Doesn't Work to Reregister
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:00:42 am »

Hello, New to this Forum, but not new to JRiver Media Center:

I purchased JRMC17 a while back and recently got a new computer.  I tried the old registration code and it said it had expired when I input it.  So I went to the web page to retrieve my key and shortly afterward received the keys to both media center 15 and media center 17.  When I input those codes into the web site for activating my MC 17 it said it couldn't find that code.  I tried many times, even varying the "11" at the beginning thinking that they were really "ii" or "ll", but to no avail.  Can someone please help as I specifically bought this computer just to play my music over my desktop system and even have a new dac on the way for this system!  Once again, I got the key from the automated site where you put your email in and it sends you the key to reregister or reactivate such as with a new computer, but this key did NOT work.
Thank you for your help! ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Retrieved Registration Code But Doesn't Work to Reregister
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:21:29 am »

I just tried your restore code for MC17 and it worked.

Enter it here:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

It should look like (I've anonymized it):
1XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX8

Use IE as the browser.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Redbeemer

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:14:44 pm »

Thank you both for your prompt replies; I thought the problem might be the fact that I was using Firefox as my browser.  However, when I used IE as the browser and directly input the URL you gave me and then input the key code(twice, with and without caps), I got the same message "Unable to find your key code".  Any other suggestions?  I am getting very frustrated since that is a long number to enter(I can't use copy and paste since I am working between the old computer and the new one which doesn't have email on it yet).
Thanks again.

Redbeemer

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:27:58 pm »

After the above post, I checked my email and discovered your email with the .jmr code attached.  When I tried to install it via the Help function in jrmedia center, it said the license was expired.  However, with media center opened, I just tried double clicking on the icon and it popped up a window that said it had installed itself.  I then checked my media center 17 under Registration information and it said I was registered.  Not sure why all the problems with the registration code I was sent, but am really appreciative of your time and effort in following up until I was successful.  Thanks to you, I am a happy long-time customer of JRiver Media Center and have recommended your product to many of my audiophile friends both locally and on AVS Forum and will continue to do so.
P.S.  I am a charter member of the River City Audio Society (RCA's).
Thanks once again.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up