INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling DLNA devices: JR river as remote (I will pay someone to help)  (Read 3637 times)

MDCry

• Recent member

Hello expert JR river users. I'm getting desperate and I clearly don't have the knowledge to figure out my problem.

I own a AsusU31S laptop running windows 7 64bit, I have JR river 18.09 (latest one) ;), a Asus wireless router, and a Denon 3312 Network Receiver.
I currently have about 130GB of music files (full length CDs) on the computer in wave or flac format.
I want to use JR river as a remote to control playing my music to the Denon Receiver. The Denon shows up on the tree on the left hand side but if I press on it JR river just spins it's wheels and it does not work.

Should JR river be able to bring my Denon 3312 out of sleep mode and turn it on? I've had it working a few times but generally the arrow beside the Denon rarely turns green. I almost always have to close the program or it freezes up. I've tried it with the Denon on and still no luck. The error message will often be "problems controlling the selected DLNA device" or something like that. I have had it working a few times and was able to play a few songs.

I've followed the advice I've been given but still no luck. When I play the music through the Denon Web controller it works fine and it is usng the Generic DLNA server setup through JR river but I can't seem to get JR river to work as a controller.

If someone could walk me through all the settings and things to look for I would be eternally grateful as I'm ready to give up. Do I need to setup the library server if I'm just going from the Laptop to the Denon without any other computer? I've tried seemingly everything and still no luck. Am I better to have all my music on an external hard drive attached to the Wireless router than stored on the computer?

I want to send the music in the best possible audio format. Would using a Western Digital Live Hub with JR river be a good option?

I'l pay someone to get this working for me. Seriously.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks in advance,

Mark

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Controlling DLNA devices: JR river as remote
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »

I've read a number of threads here where folks have trouble streaming via DLNA to Denon boxes.  The sleep/wake issue is problematic for at least some users:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75187.0

I've found DLNA to be rather weakly implemented in several devices (TV, set-top box, Bluray box), so it would not surprise me if the Denon DLNA implementation suffered too.  But I'm not expert here.

I have enjoyed excellent success with JRiver / Whitebear / Squeezebox Server (aka SBS or LMS).  You might consider getting (a now discontinued) Squeezebox Touch, and allowing JRiver / Whitebear to stream losslessly.  The developer of Whitebear does great work.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MDCry

• Recent member
Re: Controlling DLNA devices: JR river as remote (I will pay someone for help)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:01:51 pm »

Thanks but there is no good reason JRiver should not be able to control the Denon as the Denon Web controller still goes through the generic DLNA server setup through JRiver and I almost never have a glitch using uncompressed wave files. Is there anyone out there that can walk me through all the possible causes of my problems? Why can't I get JRiver to control my Denon?

I wil pay someone as I said above.

Mark

bob

• Administrator
Re: Controlling DLNA devices: JR river as remote (I will pay someone to help)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 01:34:10 pm »

We're checking into in now.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 02:06:00 pm »

FYI - I have a Yami receiver and just had a play "pushing" content to it from JR and found I had to FIRST manually (or in my case using the Yamaha Android Application):
1) Turn the Yamaha On (JR had no ability to turn it on or off)
2) Change the input on the Yamaha to "PC" (JR had no ability to select see or select the source)

Once that was done I could then select the Yami in MCs "Playing Now" and push Audio to it just fine.
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 02:26:51 pm »

FYI - I have a Yami receiver and just had a play "pushing" content to it from JR and found I had to FIRST manually (or in my case using the Yamaha Android Application):
1) Turn the Yamaha On (JR had no ability to turn it on or off)
2) Change the input on the Yamaha to "PC" (JR had no ability to select see or select the source)

Once that was done I could then select the Yami in MCs "Playing Now" and push Audio to it just fine.

Would you mind sending my a printscreen of it's expanded tree from device spy??

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 02:37:44 pm »

Do you have a download link that works for Device Spy? __> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-tools-for-upnp-technologies

Do you want the screen shot e-mailed or just posted here?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 02:55:27 pm »

Here is a Pic of the Yami with all bits expanded.
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »

Nothing in there is jumping out at me as a way of switching the input or the sleep state.

What is at the presentation url?

http://192.168.1.25/

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:30:25 pm »

This is the Web GUI for controlling power, input, vol etc.  I tend to use their Android App.
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 09:23:49 pm »

That looks nice :)

Is there another DLNA entry at the top level in the tree for it? Sometimes you'll see the same device twice with different subcategories (our new Sony BD player shows up twice at the top level, the other entry is for remote functions).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 12:30:04 am »

...Nope I can see no other "Device" at the top of the tree related tot eh A3000.  Here is the link to the Official Android App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yamaha.av.avcontroller&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnlhbWFoYS5hdi5hdmNvbnRyb2xsZXIiXQ..

...and there are also third party versions so they must be using something to communicate over the Network...
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 03:13:15 pm »

...Nope I can see no other "Device" at the top of the tree related tot eh A3000.  Here is the link to the Official Android App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yamaha.av.avcontroller&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnlhbWFoYS5hdi5hdmNvbnRyb2xsZXIiXQ..

...and there are also third party versions so they must be using something to communicate over the Network...
We'd probably need a wireshark trace of the interaction between the android app and the Yami. It might not fit into our framework but we could figure that out through a trace...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 03:18:00 pm »

Let me know:
1) What tools to use
2) What details to grab and the method to use etc

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »

I've got the trace as per the link Jim sent.  What e-mail do you want me to send it to?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »

bob at jriver

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »

Thanks - E-mail sent
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up