INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tv viewing, theater view, current channel video during guide?  (Read 3646 times)

ivwshane

• Recent member
Tv viewing, theater view, current channel video during guide?
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:37:59 pm »

When in theater view and watching a channel the current channel will be displayed in the corner but only if you (mouse or cursor) are on the channel you were watching, otherwise it dissapears. Is there anyway to have what ever the current channel us tuned to to remain playing while browsing the guide?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tv viewing, theater view, current channel video during guide?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:50:41 pm »

This would make a lot of sense to implement.

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »

This makes sense to me too  :)
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ivwshane

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:12 am »

Ill keep my fingers crossed:D

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:52:38 pm »

+1!!

And a description of the show while in theater view would be nice (on top of showing what will be playing next)

racefacexc

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:26 pm »

just bumping this topic because it is about the only thing about JRiver 18 that i find lacking compared to other media center front ends... *cough* WMC *cough*.  The wife complains about it, too.  (whiny wife joke here)

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 02:12:51 am »

thats a feature i wondered when it would be implemented!! All other DVR's etc go back to the guide channel being played after..

Also are there any plans to improve the pvr features in theaterview for example recording setting, series link, instead of still having to use a mouse to change some settings especially in series recording defaults

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 01:19:38 pm »

Bump!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 01:41:15 pm »

I have not been able to start working on this yet, but have given it a bit of thought.  When you browse through the guide, we display info of each program you click at the bottom.  If we at the same time show the video at the bottom right corner, when the program you click is not what is showing, it can be very confusing.  Maybe that was why Matt did it the way it is?  Thoughts?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 11:51:07 am »

for me and i think a lot of other people. If you compare what MC19 does to a normal PVR its a bit weird for example

I am watching a programme i then look in the guide and the guide defaults to channel 1 and doesnt show the programme you are watching (bottom right hand corner) until you scroll down the guide and highlight the channel you were previously watching.

Why doesn't it always just show the channel you are watching in the guide regardless of where you are scrolling?

Also the theater view settings for series link for example is defaulted to always record repeat showings... why is this ? Why cant we change this in theater view or even better change the default to (do not record repeat showings of a programme)

NickF

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

I think the current programme should always be shown bottom right while using the guide.  I don't think the programme should be paused unless you press pause.  I think this video window is separate from the programme info shown bottom left whilst navigating through the guide.  I don't think this is confusing.  I would definitely like to see this change.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 05:35:13 pm »

Also the theater view settings for series link for example is defaulted to always record repeat showings... why is this ? Why cant we change this in theater view or even better change the default to (do not record repeat showings of a programme)

I agree, the default should be do not record repeat showings of a programme.  I definitely wouldn't want to make that choice very time I selected Subscribe.  I think there are already too many key presses involved.  I want to see better use of the record button.  I have already suggested one press of record to record, two to subscribe and a third would cancel.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 02:20:32 pm »

surly that's an easy change to allow not to record repeat showings.....

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 11:29:35 am »

Bump!

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:41 pm »

Agreed, seeing the currently playing program (in a corner of the guide) when reverting to the guide is about the only feature I miss from my cable PVR since I went OTA.

I think it is annoying to loose the picture when I want to peruse what's playing elsewhere...

Otherwise, I am a happy camper !

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 05:58:09 pm »

I'd just like to add my +1 for the idea to keep the Playing Now channel showing in the corner of the guide. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to suggest LESS rows for the guide, then more space for the highlighted program info (at the moment it seems to get cut off fairly frequently) and the Playing Now screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

It seems like a good idea to me also.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 01:44:02 am »

Bump!
Pages: [1]   Go Up