INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unreliable video  (Read 838 times)

marcelo1775

Unreliable video
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:22:18 am »

Downloaded latest v18 on Sunday night.  Watching videos is very buggy.  Most of the time, I click watch and it crashes.  Music seems fine.  I have default settings.  However, when I watch movies on MC17, I have no issues.  Also noticed it crashes on me occasionally when I right click in Theater Mode.  Last, some of movies are not pulling in the correct metadata even though I can see it in iTunes, like Actors, Year, etc.  MC17 worked likd a charm out of the box, having a lot of issues with MC18.  Glad I did not upgrade yet and am doing the trial period and still have my full MC17 to go back to.  Any thoughts?  Otherwise, will wait for a more stable build in a few months as more releases come out.  Too soon from its beta I guess.

slerch666

• World Citizen
Re: Just upgraded from MC 17 to MC 18
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:36:56 am »

On MC18, check your Red October settings. Verify you aren't using RO HQ in the menus - if you are, put it on the regular RO and see if it still happens.

Also, verify you are using the latest version, .94.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unreliable video
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:04:25 am »

What OS are you using?

Did you try updating your video drivers?  The Theater View problem points to something at the hardware level.

marcelo1775

Re: Unreliable video
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »

I will check for updated drivers.  I had latest MC18, on Windows 7 with an NVIDIA 660TI card and a Quad Core 2.6GHZ.  RO was on HQ, but its the same as in MC17.  Have the requirements for RO in HQ changed.  Plays fine in 17, but 18 having regular crashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up