INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag and Drop Names Appear to be Japanese or Chinese, Should be English  (Read 6471 times)

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck

When I drag and drop songs into the playlist on MC18 they appear in some type of Asian language.  My Tools - Language is set for English.  Is there some other place I should be specifying English in MC18?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Drag and Drop Names Appear to be Japanese or Chinese, Should be English
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:22:08 am »

Are you using WAV files?  What OS?  Do you use a NAS drive.

There are a couple other threads on this, but we need more information.

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:38:11 am »

I am using WAV files 96/24 and 192/24.  I didn't have this problem with MC17.

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:42:54 am »

Also, I am using Windows 7 and have local attached 2X(3TB) drives where my music is stored.  I am currently Ethernet (hard wire connected) to a Squeezebox plus, using Whitebear.  I plan on switching from the Squeezebox to a USB to SPDIF (vlink) by next week to play native 192K/24bit.  Eliminating the 96K/24bit maximum from the Squeeze box.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 09:44:39 am »

What did you use to encode them?  Or were they purchased?  Where?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 10:07:56 am »

Also, I am using Windows 7 and have local attached 2X(3TB) drives where my music is stored.
Are they Seagate drives?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76634.msg519165#msg519165

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 10:14:18 am »

This thread reports a similar problem with a download from Blue Coast Records:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76134.0

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 10:29:04 am »

I use Nero 11 to convert CD's to *.wav then use Cirlinca to convert the 44.1/16 *.wav to 192/24bit and 96/24bit *.wav.  I have been using these files with MC17 (with Whitebear) to play through my Squeezebox Touch for over a year.  I also have 96K/24bit and 88.2K/24bit *.flac that I download from HDTracks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 10:32:53 am »

Where do the incorrect characters appear?  In MC?  Or on your Squeezebox?

Try to identify which step above is related to the problem.  For example, try ripping in MC, then in something else.

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 10:38:23 am »

The foreign language, Chinese, Japanese (?) appears in MC18 under (not MC18), under "Name" in Playlist ex. "㜰䐠?楢慐?楒牡瑓穴".  The name is correct in Windows Explorer "The Gift - Phillip Aaberg".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 02:12:57 pm »

I believe this is the same issue:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76630.msg519240#msg519240

I asked a few questions there.  If you could answer, it might help us figure it out.

Also, if you copy a WAV file to your C:\ drive, does it show correct values when you import that file?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dmitchell

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 02:49:00 pm »

I'm having the same issue with MC18. I just downloaded it, and installed it, and any albums I have that are in WAV format appear in Chinese in the playlist.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the WAV files are tagged from a different program (Foobar2000). Said albums were ripped to WAV with EAC, then tagged with Foobar. The correct filenames show up in Windows explorer.

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 03:44:49 pm »

I don't want to appear as ungrateful (especially on Christmas Eve), but I think the pertinent point is this problem didn't exist with MC17.  I took a non up-converted (44.1K/16) *.Wav file from my C drive and dragged and dropped it to a JR MC18 Playlist and not only the name but the Artist, Album and Genre were in Japanese or Chinese.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »

Please mail a sample WAV file that exhibits the problem to matt at jriver dot com.

If the file is too large for email, use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

Thanks.

dmitchell

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 04:40:06 pm »

Sent you a file.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »

Thanks for the file.

When I import it into 18.0.103, it has nice looking tag values.

What do you see in the Tag Dump (instructions in the thread I linked to)?

Thanks again.

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »

"If the file is too large for email, use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc."
My smallest file is about 25Mb.  I'm not familiar with any of the above.  

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

Try a search.

redsectora

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 12:21:53 pm »

Same issue are on two computers while upgrading to MC18 with WAV files, files are original MC17 rip;
- First computer using Win7 64 bits, database of NAS
-second computer using Win732bits, database of computer.

Thinking of going back to MC17 while issue is resolved.

Dan

Sheriff1972

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 06:57:44 pm »

Hi,

My problem (and OK) files were all ripped by my son (i hope this does not make a difference!) into WAV, using windows media player.

Windows 7 ultimate. 64 Bit. SP1. 8GB RAM and a SAMSUNG HD103UJ ATA 1TB Hard Drive.

For now i have used the 'fill properties from filename' tool, and did some tidying up afterwards.

Not perfect, but usable.

Sheriff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 07:09:52 am »

For a file that shows Asian characters, what shows in the tag dump (Action Window > Tag > Click first line for tag dump)?

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 10:11:37 am »

Matt:

I sent you an email with the characters that show with the Asian lettering, yesterday.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

JRiver is closed this week.

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 10:21:36 am »

The Name field should contain “Improvisations on Dona Nobis Pacem”, instead it contains the following.

潙?☠楲獤夠潙ⱡ杤䴠牥䌠獩楨张灭楶楴⁳䐠?楢慐mding="utf-8"?> <root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:av="urn:schemas-sony-com:av" xmlns:ms="urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0"> <specVersion> <major>1</major> <minor>0</minor> </specVersion> <device ms:X_MS_SupportsWMDRM="false"> <dlna:X_DLNADOC xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0">DMR-1.50</dlna:X_DLNADOC> <deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1</deviceType> <UDN>uuid:eea527de-bd0c-481b-b17a-bf82a9b34234</UDN> <friendlyName>JOHNS-PC</friendlyName> <manufacturer>JRiver, Inc.</manufacturer> <manufacturerURL>http://www.jriver.com</manufacturerURL> <modelName>Media Center</modelName> <modelNumber>1.0.51</modelNumber> <modelDescription>JRiver DLNA Renderer</modelDescription> <presentationURL>/WebRemote/</presentationURL> <av:StandardCDS>5.0</av:StandardCDS> <av:videoRoot>3</av:videoRoot> <av:musicRoot>1</av:musicRoot> <av:photoRoot>2</av:photoRoot> <av:X_DeviceInfo xmlns:av="urn:schemas-sony-com:av"> <av:X_AVVersion>2.0</av:X_AVVersion> <av:X_MediaTypeCode>7</av:X_MediaTypeCode> <av:X_ModelName>Media Center</av:X_ModelName> <av:X_ModelVersion>1.0.51</av:X_ModelVersion> <av:X_PhysicalUnitFriendlyName>JOHNS-PC</av:X_PhysicalUnitFriendlyName> <av:X_DeviceDetailCapabilities> <av:X_MusicFunctionCode>00000001</av:X_MusicFunctionCode> <av:X_PhotoFunctionCode>40000009</av:X_PhotoFunctionCode> <av:X_VideoFunctionCode>80010023</av:X_VideoFunctionCode> </av:X_DeviceDetailCapabilities> </av:X_DeviceInfo> <iconList> <icon> <mimetype>image/png</mimetype> <width>200</width> <height>200</height> <depth>32</depth> <url>/Icon/0</url> </icon> <icon> <mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype> <width>200</width> <height>200</height> <depth>24</depth> <url>/Icon/1</url> </icon> <icon> <mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype> <width>120</width> <height>120</height> <depth>24</depth> <url>/Icon/2</url> </icon> <icon> <mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype> <width>48</width> <height>48</height> <depth>24</depth> <url>/Icon/3</url> </icon> <icon> <mimetype>image/png</mimetype> <width>120</width> <height>120</height> <depth>24</depth> <url>/Icon/4</url> </icon> <icon> <mimetype>image/png</mimetype> <width>48</width> <height>48</height> <depth>24</depth> <url>/Icon/5</url> </icon> </iconList> <serviceList> <service> <serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1</serviceType> <serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager</serviceId> <SCPDURL>/ConnectionManager/scpd.xml</SCPDURL> <controlURL>/ConnectionManager/control</controlURL> <eventSubURL>/ConnectionManager/event</eventSubURL> </service> <service> <serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1</serviceType> <serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport</serviceId> <SCPDURL>/AVTransport/scpd.xml</SCPDURL> <controlURL>/AVTransport/control</controlURL> <eventSubURL>/AVTransport/event</eventSubURL> </service> <service> <serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1</serviceType> <serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl</serviceId> <SCPDURL>/RenderingControl/scpd.xml</SCPDURL> <controlURL>/RenderingControl/control</controlURL> <eventSubURL>/RenderingControl/event</eventSubURL> </service> </serviceList> </device> </root> ?5 MB Playlists: Recently Ripped; Recently Imported E:\My Music\192K-24bit\Christmas\Yo-Yo Ma\Yo-Yo Ma & Friends - Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile _ Improvisations on Dona Nobis Pacem.wav (2:57) YO-YO-MA & Friends WAV - 9216 kbps - 195 MB Playlists: Recently Ripped; Recently Imported E:\My Music\192K-24bit\Christmas\Yo-Yo Ma\Yo-Yo Ma & Friends - Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile _ Improvisations on Dona Nobis Pacem.wav?覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉覉袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈袈ȫ???Ȭ???ȭ???Ȯ???ȯ???Ȱ???ȱ???Ȳ???ȳ???ȴ???ȵ???ȶ???ȷ???ȸ???ȹ???Ⱥ???Ȼ???ȼ???Ƚ???Ⱦ???ȿ???ɀ???Ɂ???ɂ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 11:17:13 am »

Are you importing WAV files from a NAS, or connecting to a DLNA server filled with WAV files?

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 11:23:50 am »

My WAV files are on two 3TB USB drives directly attached to two 3.0 USB ports on my PC.  I currently play them on my Ethernet 802.3 attached Squeezebox Touch, which is attached to my M1DAC.  I plan on bypassing the Ethernet and SqBox Touch and use a vlink USB to SPDIF to attach directly to the DAC when my 6 meter SPDIF cable arrives.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 12:36:31 pm »

My WAV files are on two 3TB USB drives directly attached to two 3.0 USB ports on my PC.
Are they Seagate drives?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76634.msg519165#msg519165

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 12:43:04 pm »

No, Western Digital "MyBook's"

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 12:55:38 pm »

I have used the WD 3TB drives with MC17 with no problem.  The files have no problem playing with MC18.  The only problem seems to be the Asian names introduced with MC18.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »

In the main tree in the program, what is selected under Playing Now > Playing from?

Is it a local library or a DLNA server library?

JohnT

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 02:50:52 pm »

I can reproduce the problem.  I ripped a CD to WAV format using WMP and then imported into MC18 and saw funny characters in the name/artist/album/genre fields.  We'll get this fixed when we're back in the office on Monday.  Sorry for the trouble.

Tag dump:

Uncompressed Audio File (wav)
44.1 kHz, 16 bit, 2 ch

WAVE INFO LIST:

ITOC: ⭅㔫⬲䔹䕃㥄ㄫ㘳㑅㈫㥆㜸㌫ㅁㄹ㌫㥁㠰㐫ㄹ㘳
  Name: 慚⁥敩‬潲楴愠敨潎‱⁲牯☠捲瑳‬⁖
  Track #: 1
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jllaudio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 06:37:40 pm »

I'm glad to see that the problem was duplicated versus questioning what we were doing to get the error.  A definite positive in my mind that I have picked the right product for my music reproduction.

Thankyou,

LuckyLuke514

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »

I have encountered a similar problem when I swittched from MC17 to MC18 yesterday.  I have already more than 20 000 songs recorded on a NAS (mainly in WAV).  The MC15-MC16-MC17 libraries installed many years ago worked perfectly on WIN7.

First, MC18 was insalled on my main computer as an upgrade. The library probably used a copy of the previous MC17 library, with no noticeable problems.  The main problem arose when I installed MC18 on a second computer (laptop with win 8), when MC18 rebuilt the database from the NAS: About 1/3 of all songs came with tags in chinese characters!!! (excepting the file locations which are correct)

Then, I reinstalled a version of MC17 on the laptop, re-run the rebuilding of the database, and everything came OK: the tags appear in latin characters correctly with the exception of some new songs  previously registered by MC18 appearing in chinese characters, even in the MC17 library.  Therefore, I will uninstall MC18 waiting for a correction.  My hope is that the database will not be corrupted.

JohnT

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 10:49:11 am »

We've fixed the problem so the next build will read the WAV tags properly.  After installing that build, you can do "Update library from tags" on the previously imported files to fix the tags.  Thanks for your patience.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up