INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me with some problems :D !  (Read 1741 times)

pkmluudung

Please help me with some problems :D !
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:37:39 am »

Hi guys. Recently I have just used Media center to manage my movie collection and it works great. However, there are some things troubling me and I hope some body can help me:
1. Althogh the media center works greatly as a movie center but I don't feel like the movie player function of MC. Is there any way that I can double click a movie in MC and the movie is open by aother media player like KM player or Potplayer?
2. When MC plays a movie, the control is always on top of the video and it takes a big space. How can I move it to below the video and/ or reduce its size? Is there any skin for MC for that?

Thank you very much in advance  :-*

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Please help me with some problems :D !
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:21 am »

Hi,

I think that if you spend a little more time with MC's movie playback, you can make it do most of the things you like in the other players.  You should start with letting us know what those things you don't like are.  They are probably things that can be changed in the options.

First, do you watch movies in full screen, or in a window ?   Also, what sort of monitor are you using ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »

When MC plays a movie, the control is always on top of the video and it takes a big space.
Welcome to Interact.  If you play in Theater View, the controls disappear after a few seconds and return if you move your mouse to the top.

pkmluudung

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:24:22 am »

Hi,

I think that if you spend a little more time with MC's movie playback, you can make it do most of the things you like in the other players.  You should start with letting us know what those things you don't like are.  They are probably things that can be changed in the options.

First, do you watch movies in full screen, or in a window ?   Also, what sort of monitor are you using ?

Firstly, as I said, I don't like the way the control bar is on the top and take a big space, it kinda make me not focus on the movie ( Please don't ask me why, I just feel like that).
Secondly, there is a fucntion is most other players that I like: while I drag the button on the progress bar forward or backward, the video runs like fast forwarding or fast backwarding and the speed of the Fast forward is depend on the speed I drag the progress bar button. In MC, the video just start/stop at the point I release the progress bar button and not any other image are shown during I drag the button.

I prefer to watch in a window and I am using a 18.4" laptop.

Thank you so much (and sorry for my English)  :)

Welcome to Interact.  If you play in Theater View, the controls disappear after a few seconds and return if you move your mouse to the top.

Thank you but I prefer to watch movie in a window   :-\

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 12:52:26 am »

Try detaching the display in MC.  That way you have the movie in one window on MC in another.
JRiver CEO Elect

pkmluudung

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

Try detaching the display in MC.  That way you have the movie in one window on MC in another.

thank you but it is not what I am looking for. I want to play the video by another player due to fuctions and features,not just want to view videos in a different window  ;D

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 10:45:36 am »

CONFIGURE
Right-click on the movie file.
Send To > Send To External > Add/Edit Programs
Set up whatever movie player app you want the movie to play in.

PLAY
Send To > Send To External > App you set up

pkmluudung

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 04:33:02 am »

CONFIGURE
Send To > Send To External > Add/Edit Programs
Set up whatever movie player app you want the movie to play in.

PLAY
Send To > Send To External > App you set up

I am really thank you very much. It is exactly what I am looking for :D Don't know how to say thank you to you that much :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up