INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning up Theater View  (Read 1364 times)

VetMed

• Recent member
Cleaning up Theater View
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:35:11 pm »

Is it possible to have one movie cover that would represent a group of movies.  My kids love scooby Do, I would like only to see one scooby do cover art.  But I also want to be able to click the title and then see all the scooby titles.  I do not know if I explained that well or not.  I also would rather not have to title it as a TV series for I do not like having to switch from Movies to shows.  Thanks for your help and have a wonderful holiday. 

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cleaning up Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:46:37 am »

You can leave the type as Movie but still popuate the "Series" field with "Scooby Doo", then setup rule to show just those movies that have someting in the series field (where series is not empty) and it will display single title for the series which when clicked will then display all of the episodes in that Series. It is easier to show this than to explain how to do it.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69748.0

VetMed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:58:41 am »

Thank you Mr. Bumkin. 

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 05:04:40 pm »

yes this works very well thanks! I have all my box sets listed in theatre view but also now there is an additional folder which says "All files" and contains all of the box sets. Any idea how to remove this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09:48 pm »

now there is an additional folder which says "All files" and contains all of the box sets

When customizing views for Theater View, you can uncheck the option 'Display 'All' as a choice' (on the lower right side of Options > Theater View after you pick a view).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »

When customizing views for Theater View, you can uncheck the option 'Display 'All' as a choice' (on the lower right side of Options > Theater View after you pick a view).

Hi

Strange, I cant find this option in MC18 can you add a screen shot here please? What do you mean by pick a view? Do you mean tools > options > theater view? There are only heading in the top right window "Appearance", "Behavior" and "Advanced"

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »

Below that, under Details on the lower right.  Select, for example, Audio > Artist on the lower left first.  You'll see Options appear on the bottom right.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »

Found it! Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up