INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing The up and Down arrow functionality during playback  (Read 831 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Customizing The up and Down arrow functionality during playback
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »

Hi,

Firstly Id like to congratulate you guys on such an awesome program and I have registered my copy!

I am using MCE Remote in MC18 and I notice that during playback the up and down arrows cycles thru "Settings" (with sub headings Title, aspect ratio, zoom etc), "subtitles", "chapter", "Volume" and play status bar. Are these items customizable? I would like to change screen resolutions as MC18 doesnt always change to 24p automatically and I don't want to have to use a mouse for HT vieweing.

I programmed right click button on my remote but in playback the up and down arrow do the aforementioned commands and there is no direction up or down. Is there a way to change the up and down arrow commands in playback?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Customizing The up and Down arrow functionality during playback
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:23:35 am »

Thanks.  The answers are no and no.  Sorry.  You could read about the On Screen Display here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Customizing The up and Down arrow functionality during playback
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »

Well thats a shame I feel that accessing those right click functions are fairly essential during HT playback and using a mouse is not something Ive had to do for a couple of years with WMC.

The two biggest problem I have are this:

1) When a movie is playing I can not tell what screen resolution is being used unless I use the mouse right click and select window/screen resolution/1920x1080x32x24 and if nothing happens then I know it was playing at 24fps and if it changes the i know it wasnt. Is there another way to tell what the screen res is? I dont know why but MC18 does not always change automtaically even thought it is set to. Is there a chance you could add a tick to the current selected resolution.
2) When playing a compressed mkv I need to back off some of the HQ settings to enable smooth playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up