INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A quick question on Theater Skinning?  (Read 1219 times)

Great_Pumpkin

• Recent member
A quick question on Theater Skinning?
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:05:17 am »

Is it possible to use animated png's in Theater view skins?  If so, can anyone please point me in the right direction?

I've read every related post on this back to 2004.  This seems like a topic that comes up every 6 months or so, but I can't seem to find any information on what features may have been depreciated over the course of development and what tags the XML engine accepts.   It appears that the animated backgrounds in v12 no longer work and the references in the sample skins have been removed.  Overall, there looks to be a "play with it and see what happens..." sort of attitude to the skinning engine, but a little help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A quick question on Theater Skinning?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:06:17 am »

I've never seen an animated png before!

I guess the deafening silence means that no one knows the answer, sorry.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:20:20 am »

ive used them and .swf's with cinemar, before i dove into jriver.

They were nice, we used them for making theater skins, icons etc. so if you knew how to make them you could have your whole interface be animated (animated background, animated icons)
example when someone would hover on the cd png i made, it would spin, and then if they clicked that spinning cd (meaning music/audio) then a small audio clip would play. A line from a local band named slave raider" Alright Alright Alright, Let's get this Record Started! while you were searching for what to play from audio section.

for movies i had a png of a theater screen, once hovered over the theater screen it would act like there was pictures moving in it, once you clicked the theater screen, then the png would bring you to all of your videos so you could chose what you wanted to play, and a small clip would play from jim morrison "is everybody in? is everybody in... the show is about to begin." lol

was neat, people got a kick out of it.
but also got a bit redundant, when going from home screen to other media types, in the same sitting.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 02:39:18 am »

lol i found one of my first interfaces i made =) (this is just a screenshot from it.)

if you clicked exit arnold schwarzeniger would say, "Hasta la vista"
if you hovered on earth it would spin, and you would hear rain and wind, and if you clicked it, it would show weather screen
if you hovered on speaker that would show waves(like sound waves/ i used musical notes) coming out from it, and if you clicked on it, it would play audio clip like mentioned above,
if you hovered on dvd in arm of robot, that would spin, and if you clicked the audio clip that would play while it brought you to audio screen.
and if you hovered on purple crystal ball, that would spin, and show a png named home, and if you clicked it, it would bring you home. where all media types were clearly shown in text.

trip down memory lane...Kinda neat :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:37:12 am »

Maybe. I wouldn't like that. Maybe I'm too old, but it's just too 'busy' for me, and, being the grouch that I have become, I just know the audio feedback would annoy me immensely!

MC's theater view with xplain's Rapier Fusion skin is nigh on perfect for me.

No offence meant, horses for courses and all that... neat idea, just not for me :)

-marko

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 04:39:42 am »

none taken, was in my more eccentric days. :) it was fun to make.
Pages: [1]   Go Up