INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrapping up a Great Year  (Read 1424 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Wrapping up a Great Year
« on: December 27, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »

Thanks to all of you, JRiver has had a very big year.  It wasn't just the Omaha Steaks (congratulations to glynor and MrC and Happy Anniversary, Mojave).

We're on the verge of having a cross platform code base. If you've thought, oh why are they doing that, think Mac, Linux, and phones and tablets.  It won't happen all this coming year, but we will probably nail at least one of those a year now.  To put this in perspective, JRiver has been talking about doing this for almost ten years.  We're on our way now.

We had some great reviews and won a couple of three Best of 2012 awards.

We made a lot of new friends among the manufacturers of high end audio equipment.  DSD was an important piece of this.  We owe Chris Connaker of Computeraudiophile and Steve Silberman of Audioquest for some of the early assists.  I remarked the other day that JRiver used to have a tough time getting any attention from manufacturers, but we now have a steady stream of new inquiries from them.

We launched MC18 recently, and last week we gave it a really good push to our customer base.  The response was great, but it also generated a new wave of bug reports.  This isn't the best news, but it's normal.  Until we hit the widest distribution, there are bound to be new discoveries.  We will fix these bugs in the next week or two.  Thank you for your patience and for the reports.

As announced in the last newsletter, I'm going into slow motion retirement, and Matt Ashland, our CTO, is now captain of the ship.  Matt is bigger, stronger, smarter, smells better and is just generally a great guy.  He will steer JRiver with wisdom and kindness, I'm sure.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Wrapping up a Great Year
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:51:43 pm »

Thanks to everyone for the great year.

In addition to those thanked above, I'd like to offer a special thanks to the many third-party authors.

nevcairiel, the author of LAV, is one of the brightest minds I've encountered.  Without him Red October would not have been possible.

Robert Ryan's JRemote is beautiful.

madshi, the author of madVR, cements the computer as the highest quality video source.

Bernt's Audiolense is a great example of why we love computer audio.

Thanks to all the authors that make our media better.  Here's to a great 2013 :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

I just pulled out the abacus to sum up the year.  It was a record year, with end user sales up nearly 40% from 2011.  Thank you.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:56:10 pm »

Nice work gents.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:37 am »

great year, 40% more user - congratulations

I think "the guilty" are quickly identified.

an excellent program
a great JRiver Team
a fast and competent support

I wish you all a wonderful and prosperous New Year

reinhard

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:24 am »

Congratulations on 2012 and let's look forward to an even better 2013 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up