INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center 18 blue screens computer  (Read 1228 times)

Rustymann

• Recent member
Media center 18 blue screens computer
« on: December 27, 2012, 05:57:09 pm »

I had to rebuild my computer after which JR River 17 and 18 causes the computer to bluescreen when trying to run the program. JR River 16 installs and work ok.
Error Message (before blue screen crash) : "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

I have over 20 other applications loaded and working properly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am running Windows 7 (64 bit)

djwobbrock

• Recent member
Re: Media center 18 blue screens computer
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 06:12:37 pm »

I had to rebuild my computer after which JR River 17 and 18 causes the computer to bluescreen when trying to run the program. JR River 16 installs and work ok.
Error Message (before blue screen crash) : "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

I have over 20 other applications loaded and working properly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am running Windows 7 (64 bit)

Are you running the default skin.......I am having the same problem, and I have been downloading and installing video drivers at the suggestion of this forum.  I was trying the noire glass skin, when I go back to the default skin I can listen for hours with no bsod or lockups.  Just interested to hear what skin you are using?  I have never had the bsod or lockups until I loaded MC18....hope you haven't purchased yet.  JimH told me I could have used MC18 for thirty days before I upgraded permanently from my MC16.

Rustymann

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:28:06 am »

Iam using te default skin.
My issue is that i cannot even install the program, it blue screens the computer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:30:46 am »

A blue screen is a hardware problem.  Try updating your video drivers from AMD or Nvidia.

Try uninstalling and removing registry entries when you do.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:34 am »

If it isn't the video driver, then you may have another hardware problem.  An application doesn't cause a blue screen.  Something at the hardware level is not working.  That it only happens with MC18 means that the conditions that trigger the problem in the hardware have only occurred in MC18.

The Weird Problems thread has several pages of problems that were reported to be MC problems but turned out to be caused by other software or hardware.  You might read a little of it to see just how weird it gets on PC's.

Rustymann

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 10:12:53 am »

Thanks for all of the feedback.

I appears that Windows have problems accessing or executing the Media Center 18.exe file in the c:\Program files(x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Medias Center18.exe directors.
When i try to run the .exe file i get the permission access message.
I just had a new motherboard installed in the computer and every other application works. To some of the points, Media Center 18 is probably doing someting unique

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 01:19:05 pm »

I appears that Windows have problems accessing or executing the Media Center 18.exe file in the c:\Program files(x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Medias Center18.exe directors.
Assuming you mean "directory", not "director", that is not a directory.

Try downloading and installing 18.0.103.

Rustymann

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 06:56:58 pm »

I meant directory. I downloaded the latest version as you indicated without luck.

How do i get a license for Media center 16?

I have the codes for version 17 and 18 but only version 16 works.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up