INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Augmented stream recording  (Read 1417 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Feature Request: Augmented stream recording
« on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »

I'm relatively new to the on-board scheduler, and have found the audio stream recorder useful.  But it's incredibly stripped down compared to other features in MC18.  It appears to just let you name the file, without any ability to either use fields to customize the (presumably) daily recordings or even to automatically place the recording anywhere than the default audio directory.

Even if each recording task was treated like a podcast, with the ability to customize genre, artist, album, name, comment, directory and filename with fields, that would make stream recording much more refined.  Is there any plan to add this sort of functionality in the future?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Feature Request: Augmented stream recording
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:23:11 pm »

The file location is item 7 on my current wish list:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68410.0

Today I needed to find a way around this limitation, and realized it is pretty easy.

First, define your Audio file location's base path (Tools > Options > File Locations > Audio) to be one level higher than you normally would set it.  For example, instead of M:\Music, set it to M:\

Now define your Scheduler's name to include the portion of the folder path where downloaded media should be located:

Name: Downloaded Media\Global Villiage\Program Name

Recordings will end up under that folder under the Audio base path (for me, M:\Downloaded Media\Global Villiage\Program Name...).  Note that Scheduler appears to only use the Audio base path, and not the Folder rule (which it should).

To aid in possible future Rename operations, create a folder rule which switches based on the field [Web Media URL].  When MC records via Scheduler, this field will have the value either Recording... or Recorded Media.  The state Recording... can remain, if, for example, you quit MC will the download is in progress.

The folder rule might look like:

ifelse(
   isequal([Web Media URL],Record,7), Downloaded Media,
   1, Music\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]/##/If(IsEmpty([Disc #],1), ,/ Disc [Disc #])
)

Tangentially, the Folder rule text edit area is too small to be practical, so I use a custom user field named [_fAudio], as the Manage Library Fields... expression editor is better.  This field is used as my audio folder rule, and contains the above expression.  File Location > Audio > Folder rule is set to [_fAudio].
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Re: Feature Request: Augmented stream recording
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:02:09 pm »

Very interesting workaround.  I'm going to give this a try very soon.

Thanks, MrC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up