INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chromium Engine Freeze/Crash during MC18 start  (Read 1680 times)

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
Chromium Engine Freeze/Crash during MC18 start
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:56:54 pm »

Hi!
I cannot run MediaCenter when Chromium Browser is selected and Internet connection is available.
Screen become all white and when I click anywhere then window appears that program is not
responding with 3 buttons (resolve problem/close/wait for program start to respond or sth like that).
I lost few hours to find the cause, because it is not possible to get to the options menu to
change back web engine to IE. Well, at last I found when Internet connection is disabled
(or MediaCenter outgoing connections are blocked by Windows Firewall) then MediaCenter run
just fine). When Internet Explorer Engine is selected then Internet connection can be enabled
and MC run OK too.

Chromium Engine is required for [removed] and I've found it very important to me.
(internal MC's youtube player is not linked with youtube account, so it is not possible to browse
private playlists, history, etc. - all these functions are available at [removed]).

By the way original Google Chrome can be set to play videos using DXVA and I know that it is now
possible to compile/build Chromium to use DXVA too - it will be great to get this for MediaCenter
since most barebones/itx based htpc's etc. can't handle youtube hd videos without dxva.
(if not as an menu option then maybe two versions of installers?)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Chromium Engine Freeze/Crash during MC18 start
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:58 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  I just tried to duplicate what you see and can't.

What is the full version of MC that you're using?  18.0.122 is available at the top of this board.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »

I removed the links.  They don't work.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:05:18 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  I just tried to duplicate what you see and can't.

What is the full version of MC that you're using?  18.0.122 is available at the top of this board.

I tried 18.0.106 and the latest 18.0.122. I have uninstalled MC, reboot, installed it again (few times),
uninstalled Google Chrome then installed it again and it's no better   :( I bought the licence just
few hours ago, maybe it matters  ? It is strange that if I turn off WAN connection at the router
then MC run OK. I also use TightVNC and don't have direct input to that machine at the moment
(except mce remote).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:39:59 am »

The Chromium engine is a third-party library, so our ability to address this is limited.  We'll update to a newer version when it's available, but I don't know when that will be (not our decision).

Until then, you'll have to use the default IE engine.

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 04:18:04 pm »

Everything works good now!  :) I don't know how it's happen. I didn't reinstall MC again, but I just run it and left the computer for few hours. I have over 3TB of files in library on USB HDD and over WIFI (802.11n) so maybe it was the cause. Meanwhile TV channel had dissapeared (I use Hauppauge HD PVR + STB), but I added it again and now all is ok! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up