INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with unraid and jriver  (Read 1830 times)

SeldomSeen

• Recent member
Help with unraid and jriver
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:01:01 am »

I recently put together an unraid server in my equipment room.  It has space for 12 drives and I'm slowly filling it up as the price on 2TB drives comes back down.  At the moment it has 3 drives and 4TB of parity storage.

I have 610GB of music on my main PC that runs JRiver.   I would like to move all of this to the unraid server so these files are protected.  Once done and it is working well I want to reimage my PC, pull the 2TB drive from it and install that in the unraid box.  Then put a smaller spare I have lying around the house and continue to use the SSD for the operating system as I do now.

But, I'm having trouble figuring out how to move the files and still have jriver see them.  I used Windows to copy all the files over and tried to import them as a new library and it was a mess, missing cover art, tags, etc. 

I tried letting MC move them and it did so with the files but dropped all the artist folders. 

The unraid tower shows up as Z: on my windows PC, while my current library is on disk F:

I know there are many unraid/jvier users here and being new to unraid I just can't figure out how to make it work.    Backing up the files is great, but i really want to have jriver use the files on server for playback.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with unraid and jriver
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:40 pm »

SeldomSeen

• Recent member
Re: Help with unraid and jriver
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:06:34 pm »

Thank you very much.  I searched the wiki and didn't come up with that page. 

This helped.  There were still a few trouble albums, but most everything moved and looked the same.

Pages: [1]   Go Up