INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Tags?  (Read 1302 times)

sKiZo

• World Citizen
Display Tags?
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:59 pm »

Just installed Gizmo on an android 4.0 tablet, and it's working fine as a remote, but I was hoping to see an option to display an info screen for a movie similar to what pops up when you hover over a title on the server. The usual - description, actors, file type, etc.

Be even better if I could customize which tags I want to see ...

Here's hoping I'm just missing something here.

Also be real handy to have an alphabetical pic and/or search function for faster scrolling?

sKiZo

• World Citizen
Re: Display Tags?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:34:56 pm »

So ... I take it that's a no?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:47:30 pm »

No.

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 12:50:54 am »

... but you'll get right on it ...  ;D

Got an interesting situation here in that half the movies listed on my video server are full MKV rips from old DVDr disks that I've ripped, and the other half are small marker files that point to movies on a Magnavox DVR. I figured out how to make an empty 1K MKV with an XML sidecar for tagging. I also added a custom tag that lists the index number on the Maggie for the actual movie for those marker files. Eventually the plan is to use MC to list ALL movies scattered around in whatever formats and print up a catalog as needed for browsing.

Unfortunately, I guess I can't see that on the android using Gizmo.

So ... PLAN B!

I'll go thru and edit the movie titles (which I CAN see) to add the Maggie movie index number in parentheses. When I see one of those in the movie list, I'll know to grab the other remote and punch in the index number on that for direct access.

I'll also be adding MKV marker files to MC for commercial DVDs in my collection.

Still ... be real handy features on an update ... nod nod nudge nudge ...

And just to make sure I'm perfectly clear on this  ... no options at all for editing what tags we see on the remote?
Pages: [1]   Go Up