INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 - Theater View - Launching web sites - Flash Issue - Solution: Use IE  (Read 1716 times)

Battledad

• World Citizen

Ok...We set up a page on symbaloo.com and created links to some content. We created a link to Symbaloo and have an icon in our theater view. When we click the Symbaloo link our Symbaloo page opens (we are using Chrome for the browser). When we click a link and open a site that requires Flash it won't launch. We can open Chrome separately and go to the same web page and Flash plays fine.

So...it appears that there is some issue with Flash running on web links through theater view. Looking for suggestions or ideas.

Battledad

• World Citizen
Re: MC 18 - Theater View - Launching web sites - Flash Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »

No one else has this issue? Are most people using IE or FF or Chrome for their default browser? If IE doesn't have this problem is there a place in MC I can set IE as the default for browser when opened in theater view?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:15:39 pm »

No one else has this issue? Are most people using IE or FF or Chrome for their default browser? If IE doesn't have this problem is there a place in MC I can set IE as the default for browser when opened in theater view?

I don't use that feature, sorry.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »

there is a settings for browser choice in tools options tree and view. i dont use links in theaterview, but maybe what your looking for.

Battledad

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:31:42 am »

I changed the browser from Chrome to IE. When I launch a page now Flash plays.

I still can't get Hulu+ using the Hulu option in MC.

Battledad

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »

I switched the default browser to IE from Chrome. It appears that in MC Flash plays better with IE.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:40:52 pm »

Now you have went past me... Good luck getting a reply from the owners. (since i've bought 18 and mac development has started many things are missing/not working as normal in 18, and many others here have piped up in regards to those items as well.)
glad the ie flash works for you.
As far as hulu... i don't have it, and i removed it from my theaterview. so cannot help you there, maybe another user has an idea, or could test for you.

I'm still awaiting replies on if playing now will be coming back to theaterview (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77543.msg529625#msg529625)
and how to get our mini skins back - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77365.msg524862#msg524862
both of these are features that were in prior versions. and features i was paying for.
personally I will not be purchasing any mac versions, future versions nor marketing/mentioning jriver to others anymore until i got some sort of reply, and start seeing some replies from owners/developers in others posts as well.

if people are asking for new features. fine don't answer them.
but if they need assistance on past items that were in the program. i'd appreciate some replies, and i know so would others.
sorry for highjacking your post...Done Venting.

Battledad

• World Citizen

I will say that the responses to my various questions have been either non existent or very slow. Maybe the programmers are overwhelmed or simply don't have answers.

In the case of getting Hulu+ to play the steps I outlined work so I'm ok with that for now. As for your other observations I agree and understand. That was why I started the "nigglies" thread that was locked in an attempt to get some attention to the string of items I had posted individually and not gotten much (or any) responses.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I will say that the responses to my various questions have been either non existent or very slow. Maybe the programmers are overwhelmed or simply don't have answers.

Sorry, in this case, and the Hulu+ case, I think you're just using things that are on "the edges" of what many people use MC for, which can cause the results to be slower.  I, personally, would just launch the Hulu Desktop application, for example, which works fine and seems better suited to HTPC use.

Also, you could stand to put a bit more detail in your initial posts (what was tried, exact settings, etc).  I don't always reply to threads where I don't know what the person has investigated on their own.  Not to be a jerk, but because I often don't have the time to put in (and frankly, especially if the user doesn't spend the time to explain themselves).

I'm not saying you've been terrible, by any means, just trying to give a tip.  Threads do often get answered here, though I admit, it can sometimes be hit-or-miss depending on the timing and particular area-of-interest.

Battledad

• World Citizen

Thanks for the suggestion on detail. My problem is that I usually put so much detail in posts (in other software and hardware postings on other boards) that I get the comment "too much detail". I'll work on doing a better job. I also acknowledge that a few people comment (you are one and I appreciate it).

As for doing things on the edge...I'm trying to use MC as if it is my one stop for movies, music, TV and all related media in our family room. Thus I'm looking for something that is easy to use and that my wife and children/grandchildren can use every day without having to understand any technical issues or needing to do a mix of things to get the desired result. So one click is the goal.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC 18 - Theater View - Launching web sites - Flash Issue - Solution: Use IE
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 11:50:12 pm »

As for doing things on the edge...I'm trying to use MC as if it is my one stop for movies, music, TV and all related media in our family room. Thus I'm looking for something that is easy to use and that my wife and children/grandchildren can use every day without having to understand any technical issues or needing to do a mix of things to get the desired result. So one click is the goal.

Yep.  I get it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up