INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported duplicates  (Read 1461 times)

madfloyd

• Recent member
Imported duplicates
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:05:02 pm »

Running out of diskspace on my PC music server I bought a NAS and filled it with drives.

I copied over all my music.  After that was done I went into the Configure Auto-import panel and edited the old paths to be the new paths.

I then ran auto-import and ended up with duplicates of every album.  I can see that it has found the album in the new paths, but somehow is retaining the old path as well (even though it's no longer on the list of folders to watch).

Is this a bug - or is there something I still need to do in order for JRiver to forget the old folders?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Imported duplicates
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »

Take a look at the file locations for any two of the duplicates.  Are they the same or different? 

If they are different, please copy and paste them here.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:42 pm »

Search on Filename (path) setting your old path, and and this will preset the set of files that you want removed from MC's database.  Select them, and hit Delete.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

madfloyd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

Take a look at the file locations for any two of the duplicates.  Are they the same or different? 

If they are different, please copy and paste them here.

Thanks for the quick response.  Check out the images below, you can see that the location that starts with TKLX- is no longer in the folders being watched.

MrC

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:47:57 pm »

Removing an auto-import folder won't remove items from the MC database.  You'll want to manually clear.  Search on:

Filename (path) starts with \\TKLK-46

madfloyd

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:50:02 pm »

Search on Filename (path) setting your old path, and and this will preset the set of files that you want removed from MC's database.  Select them, and hit Delete.

Thanks, MrC.  Before I delete any entries from the library database, let me ask this: I was hoping to not lose all my 'star' ratings, which is the reason I edited the paths being watched (although my reasoning might have been flawed to begin with).  Is there a recommended way to effectively 'move' a library without losing this info?

MrC

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:55:36 pm »

Star Ratings are saved in file tags by default, so if you've not changed the default settings, your files should contain the ratings.  And you can Update library (from tags) to re-read them if you don't see them.

Another way to move files is to retain your existing library entries, delete the new ones from MC, and then use MC's Rename, Move & Copy tool in Database update-only mode to change the Filename (path) field for your existing entries.  You can Find/Repalce the portion of the path that has changed.  Same entries, now just pointing to a new location.

madfloyd

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:01 pm »

Appreciate the help, guys. I'm all set now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up