INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few android Gizmo questions  (Read 1943 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
A few android Gizmo questions
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:07:31 pm »

I just got a galaxy tab 2 (android 4.1.1) and I'm using gizmo to stream to the tablet.  I don't know if this specific to Samsung or not, but the stock Samsung music player has a little control interface in the notification area, as seen in the screenshot. Is it possible to do that with Gizmo? It would be a nice feature.

Also, playback has stopped on a few occasions, like a notification or opening another program; I'm trying to reproduce it consistently. (Edit: it seems to be random) In any case, when I reopen Gizmo and hit Resume Playback, it does nothing, and Playing Now is empty... any idea why? It's reconnecting every time I open it, maybe that has something to do with it. I hope it's not the network connection cutting out, as I'm in the same room as the PC and router...

It looks like the Recent menu is a list of recently imported albums... I'd prefer a Recently Played Tracks or similar, but that's just me.

Sorry if these questions have been answered before, I'm still getting used to Gizmo and the android OS.

Edit: sorry, wrong forum! Don't know what I was thinking, perhaps some kind soul could move it.

joetiii

• World Citizen
Re: A few android Gizmo questions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »

I have had issues with stream stopping on my SIII. havnt figured it out. I am also looking to see if anyone has had success getfing the Samsung to stream from dlna outside the network? ?

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:10 am »

I've been streaming from outside my home network to my Galaxy S3 using Gizmo with no problems.  I don't do it a lot ... and it's usually at work or at a friend's house while using wireless instead of cell service ... but, I've streamed everything up to 10GB 1080p movies with no problems.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

will give this a try.
Does JRiver support uPnP, or do I need to open some ports on the router?

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:46:49 pm »

I have upnp off here and had no issues with Gizmo. It's only if you are outside your network you only have a port to forward. 

As to you other question well its another feature gizmo lacks. I keep hoping they will update it and get in on par with the apple version. I don't mind at all paying for it either if its a bit more feature rich.

Pages: [1]   Go Up