INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A file location question  (Read 815 times)

Bobj

A file location question
« on: April 06, 2002, 05:38:02 am »

Quite some time ago I updated to Version 7.2.272.  In doing so I managed to lose all my category settings.  My own fault for not backing up before updating.  Anyway, after I installed the new software I happily began ripping CDs.  After ripping all of my Christmas music, I noticed that the "Recorded Music Files Base Location" was set to a directory called "Recorded Music" and not my prior setting of "Music1" where I have all of the prior music I have ripped.  

I changed the setting to point back to "Music1" on my hard drive but now I am wondering if there is a way I can move the files from "Recorded Music" under directories in "Music1" so that all my stuff is in one place.  Note that there is no problem accessing the music in either directory. I'd just like to have it all in one place.  Oh, and I'd prefer not to lose any category settings that I've established for my christmas music.

Thanks
bj

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:A file location question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 06:22:49 am »

Can't you use the "Move" option if it is In the MJ File Listing?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 06:34:19 am »

If I'm understanding you correctly, you've got a situation where you have "Recorder Music\ARTIST\ALBUM\ARTIST-NAME.MP3" or something like that (That's the format I'm going to use for this - just substitute where necessary). And you want to move them all to "Music1\ARTIST\ALBUM\ARTIST-NAME.MP3". Under 8, this is really easy, but it's doable in 7.2 as well, provided you have all of your tags filled.

Highlight all of the files you want to move.
Right Click, select Properties.
In the File Properties box, go to the Tools menu and choose "Rename Files From Properties".
Set your Base Path to "C:\Music1" (Again, substitute where necessary)
Set your Directory Rule to "ARTIST\ALBUM"
Set your Filename Rule to "ARTIST-NAME"
Click OK.
Click Save.

All should be where you want it now.

Bobj

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 07:13:42 am »

Thanks Doof.  That's exactly what I needed.  Preserved all my naming conventions nicely
bj
Pages: [1]   Go Up